• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Furness line troubles, Monday 30th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

On Monday I went from Penrith to Lancaster then went to Lancaster ticket office to purchase a day return ticket to Silverdale (cheaper with a split). The seller asked me whether I REALLY wanted to go to Silverdale as Northern had already cancelled five trains on the Barrow line that day and it was only lunchtime, and he couldn't guarantee ANY would be running to get me back! I took the plunge as I didn't want a day in Lancaster and the next train out did actually run, although it was a TPE unit. And by late afternoon the service seemed to have settled, though I came back early with a bus contingency plan in mind just in case. So did TPE help Northern out of a hole, and will they continue doing this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Noticed yesterday that Northern's automated "poster" screens at Windermere talked of a bus service when trains were running. They really have got sloppy, haven't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.