• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Heights Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
There are some new screenhots of my new route for BVE availble on my site.
Visit www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk and click on 'Northern Heights Route' in the top nav bar.
Enjoy, :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I have to admit, it does look better than your other project Richard!

Dave A

Coxster said:

I'm making sure he gets the best out of it. He used to rush before but now he's taken his time, its a lot better.

Tom B

Established Member
Suggestions - power rails at stations on other sides, smooth curves, lengthening of the ramp object to the same width as the platform (Edgeware) and non-deadly points. Other than that looks good :).

PS "Tube beyond Edgware" is an excellent reference.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Suggestions - power rails at stations on other sides, smooth curves, lengthening of the ramp object to the same width as the platform (Edgeware) and non-deadly points. Other than that looks good :).

PS "Tube beyond Edgware" is an excellent reference.

Ok, thanks for the tips, Tom.
- I tried to use SWITCH for the smoother curves, but it won't run on my OC as the software uses MS-DOS, and my PC won't run it.
- The points have been done to the best of my abilliy, they are very awkward to get right, and I think they or OK.
- The ramp forms are made by Steve, and are made slimmer than the flat forms for some reason, I'll look into it.
-And I'll change the power rails now.

Thanks, :D

The Snap

Established Member
London Tube said:
Coxster said:

I'm making sure he gets the best out of it. He used to rush before but now he's taken his time, its a lot better.

Yes, I have coded it, and David is BETA testing it; he is very helpful! :D
I think my route would have been of less quality if he hadn't have helped me out.
Thanks Dave! :D

Jordy

Established Member
- I tried to use SWITCH for the smoother curves, but it won't run on my OC as the software uses MS-DOS, and my PC won't run it.

Hmmm thats a shame, couldn't someone else do it? Routes look so much better with smooth curves

Jordy

The Snap

Established Member
I don't know anyone who would be able to do it. I knoe Tom could, but he is very busy with the Picc v5.2.
I'll see if anyone has SWITCH available.

T

Tom

Richard, would you like me to have a go at re-doing your maps so they look LUL-like? (As they don't use 30 degree angles or sharp turns!)

The Snap

Established Member
Well, David and I did spend time and effort on them, but you could have a go. That would be brill! :D Could you tale mine as the base of it, as David (although very good) is only the Northern Line, as you would see it on the inside walls of a train. I would like it like you see it on the actual tube map.
(David, don't worry, I WILL still keep yours and mine online if I get a new one ;) )
Thanks,

T

Tom

I could create a 'real-size' one and print it out...

Anyway, an in-car one is certainly possible (as I managed to create a plugin for Photoshop to run like the actual LUL system does (people will remember that Mapman program).

The Snap

Established Member
Ok, that would be great! I NEED them by Monday at the latest.
Thanks Tom,

Coxster

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
(people will remember that Mapman program).
Yeah. That's good how everything is at right angles or 45 degree angles and they can simply move a station for a new line or whatever :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
Well, David and I did spend time and effort on them, but you could have a go. That would be brill! :D Could you tale mine as the base of it, as David (although very good) is only the Northern Line, as you would see it on the inside walls of a train. I would like it like you see it on the actual tube map.
(David, don't worry, I WILL still keep yours and mine online if I get a new one ;) )
Thanks,
But wouldn't you rather have one that actually looks like a genuine LU one?

The Snap

Established Member
Yes, I would, but David's does too, it looks like the in-train one that goes above the doors.

Tom B

Established Member
Naah - lines can only be at 45deg angles - it's *not* something that is *ever* changed.

As to switch try it from the command line... can XP restart in DOS mode? If so try it from there and it will work.

Harold

The Screenshots look quite good Richard i have to Admit!

Well today being Friday the 5th of August, this routes release date, i look forward to downloading! :D

HBA135

The Snap

Established Member
HBA135 said:

Well today being Friday the 5th of August, this routes release date, i look forward to downloading! :D

HBA135

Oh, I apologise, but the route wont be available until the middle of next week now, as I'm waiting for some sounds.
Sorry, ;)

Dave A

HBA135 said:

HBA135

This route still has a few things that need to be changed. The middle to the end of next week is a likey release date but I don't want this to be rushed as it has great potential ;) :D

Harold

Thats alright then, it's best to get everything in this route exactly right for the release

HBA135

andrewmay

This route looks promising so don't rush it because it is worth waiting for a route that will be better than if it was rushed. Keep up the good work.

T

Tom

northernheightslil3xp.jpg

Bit flabby atm...

The Snap

Established Member
This route will be released by Wednesday (hopefully). David is having a final lookm through it, and it'll be ready.
Thanks for the map TC, very realistic! I wont be able to put it on my site until Monday, as I am in Leicester until Sunday night! :)
I am glad you all seem to like the look of it. Judging the positive coments I have had fro David, and advice, I think this will be my best route yet, and perhaps make good driving form all! :D :P

Nick

RichardH said:
I am in Leicester until Sunday night! :)

I hope you have a Great Central Day.

GO on, take a ride on Englands only double track preserved MAIN LINE

Use the Leicester Tour Bus, taking just over 30 minutes via Leicester's sites from Leicester LONDON ROAD (MML) to Leicester North (GCR) station.

Harold

By looking at the map of how much this route is to cover, this route looks to be indeed a very interesting and impressive release! :D

HBA135

The Snap

Established Member
HBA135 said:
By looking at the map of how much this route is to cover, this route looks to be indeed a very interesting and impressive release! :D

HBA135

I think that the whole NL would be wishful thinking! It will go from Finchley Central, like the MHE branch, and go to Bushey Heath or Edgware, depending on the rote you choose. :D

The Snap

Established Member
Just got back from leicster, didn't go on tat railway unfortunatly! :?
Went on Foxton Locks though, the longest set of locks in the UK by all accounts. It was very nice! We were in a place called Wigston.

Status
Not open for further replies.