• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Heights v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
This week and last, I decided to update the Northern Heights route I built and released at this time last year. As BVE4 has progressed so much, and new plugins have been developed, I decided the route needed a major overhaul. New, more realistic textures, new track, smoother pointwork and updated stations are part of this overhaul.

The new version includes working LU signaling, traction motor cutout over railgaps, different weather conditions and a much more accurate section of line between Finchley Central and Mill Hill East, constructed using the Northern Line DEV.

There are three scenarios included, two using the LT1995 stock, and the third using a special LT1938 stock service in the modern day times.

Thanks to Kelvin Liu for supplying information and video footage for the Mill Hill East area , as well as various ground and tree objects. Can I also thank Shane Roberts for the new track textures and Tom Beevers for supplying the power rail textures. Big thanks to the Northern Line builders at TSC too! :)

Please visit my website at www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk to download the route.

Any comments?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Looks very nice Rich, I like the really rail textures and the new Mill Hill East area. The only mistake I can see is that Dollis Brook viaduct has blue railings, a bit like the steel bridges on my Ongar route.

Oh and by the way, I think you missed out someone on the readme file. Hint hint ;)

dennis63uk

I get this error comming up when i load it in. otherwise a great route. D:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Northern Heights\Mill Hill East to Bushey Heath [LT1995].csv(849) : Syntax error: track..freeobj 0;238 Plus get another error.
D:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route\Northern Heights\Mill Hill East to Bushey Heath [LT1938].csv(849) : Syntax error: track..freeobj 0;238
d:\program files\mackoy\bve4\Train\LT1938\sound.cfg(25) : Syntax error: leave.wav

Coxster

Established Member
Nice track! Not tried it yet but from the images it doesn't look like the points have power rails over them anymore ;)

The Snap

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
Looks very nice Rich, I like the really rail textures and the new Mill Hill East area. The only mistake I can see is that Dollis Brook viaduct has blue railings, a bit like the steel bridges on my Ongar route.

Oh and by the way, I think you missed out someone on the readme file. Hint hint ;)

He he :razz:, well, rather than making and uploading a new installer (which is a complete bum to do), I'll mention you here:

Thanks to Kelvin (EmergencyBrake) for supplying information and video footage for the Mill Hill East area.

Cheers for the comments on the track Damon - ballast was courtesy of Shane Roberts.

Rich said:
He he :razz:, well, rather than making and uploading a new installer (which is a complete bum to do), I'll mention you here:

Thanks to Kelvin (EmergencyBrake) for supplying information and video footage for the Mill Hill East area.

Cheers for the comments on the track Damon - ballast was courtesy of Shane Roberts.

Cheers!

It may also be worth mentioning that the "patchy" grass texture used on the embankment is not my own work, its by Paul Barnett of http://www.class50-hoover-bashers.com/bve.htm but light green grass texture and the object is mine.

Coxster

Established Member
I have given it a go and it is fantastic. A couple of questions though:

1. Why doesn't it start at Finchley Central?
2. The doors are not shown as open on the train inicator (no beacons?) at stations.
3. Why does the train use the right-side track between Mill Hill East and The Hale?
4. There is a 1995ts and a platform covered up by trees at Edgware.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
I have given it a go and it is fantastic. A couple of questions though:

1. Why doesn't it start at Finchley Central?
2. The doors are not shown as open on the train inicator (no beacons?) at stations.
3. Why does the train use the right-side track between Mill Hill East and The Hale?
4. There is a 1995ts and a platform covered up by trees at Edgware.

1. The coding was too complex, and I didn't have the time. If time permits, I may amend the route to start there ;)
2. Pass :???:
3. Because at the time of original coding last year, I didn't know how to code points (seen just before Mill Hill East. Again, I didn't have the time to completely recode 2km of trackwork between MHE and MH The Hale. Again, if time permits, I may amend the route to start there ;)
4. Don't know, will have to check. :)

Cheers for the comments and observations Damon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.