• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt whitaker

Hi all,
I have an interview coming up with northern for leeds next month and wondered whether anyone had recently had one and what advice could be given?
Also does anyone know which routes are out of leeds and units used from there?
I've looked through a few threads just trying to gather as much Intel as possible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mark638

Hi,

Ive got a interview too next month.Bit confused though as i passed this last july then had assesment in July.I didnt pass that but was told my pass scores are valid for 5 years,and my interview pass valid for nine months,not sure why they are making me interview again?

Brilufc

Hi all,
I have an interview coming up with northern for leeds next month and wondered whether anyone had recently had one and what advice could be given?
I've looked through a few threads just trying to gather as much Intel as possible.
Is this for train driver or trainee train driver?

Railweigh

For interview tips, it’s all on this site. Just spend plenty of time searching DMI. And unit wise out of Leeds, basically all of them :D

Crossover

Established Member
Hi all,

It would probably help if you advised what role you are being interviewed for

Routes and traction are varied

Brilufc

Trainee driver,was told interview passes are valid for 9 months?
Was this the one advertised in December? I applied for that post too, haven't heard anything yet still says application in process

Ikiki

I would suggest you learn and remember as much as possible about Northern (facts, figures, future aims and plans)
Leeds have a massive route card (try and find out the longest journeys, complex journeys and what will be in the bottom link). I think they have 14 different types of traction, don’t quote me on that.

Find out the earliest start and latest finish. It would be a good talking point if you call into the station speak to a DTM or just have a word with the drivers. Get some depot specific information.

Use the information that’s been sent to you and think of some good scenarios.

You’ve probably done the hardest part getting to this stage.

Good Luck

Matt whitaker

I would suggest you learn and remember as much as possible about Northern (facts, figures, future aims and plans)
Leeds have a massive route card (try and find out the longest journeys, complex journeys and what will be in the bottom link). I think they have 14 different types of traction, don’t quote me on that.

Find out the earliest start and latest finish. It would be a good talking point if you call into the station speak to a DTM or just have a word with the drivers. Get some depot specific information.

Use the information that’s been sent to you and think of some good scenarios.

You’ve probably done the hardest part getting to this stage.

Good Luck
Great stuff thanks

Matt whitaker

Is anyone able to shed any light on the routes that northern cover out of leeds? What tractions they use and earliest start and finish times?

Andyh82

Established Member
Leeds to Selby, York, Harrogate via York, Ilkley, Bradford FS, Skipton, Manchester Victoria, Blackpool North, Huddersfield via Brighouse, Southport via Dewsbury, Sheffield via Barnsley, Nottingham, Sheffield via Dearne, Doncaster, Knottingley, Goole and Knottingley via Wakefield Kirkgate

_toommm_

Established Member
Traction will be:

Diesel - 142/144/150/153/155, possibly 156, then 158/170 (plus the 195 when that comes in) (I believe the 180 to/from Hebden Bridge is also operated by a Northern Guard too)

Electric - 321/322, then the 331/332 (eventually), and the 333

Ken H

On Moderation
Leeds to Selby, York, Harrogate via York, Ilkley, Bradford FS, Skipton, Manchester Victoria, Blackpool North, Huddersfield via Brighouse, Southport via Dewsbury, Sheffield via Barnsley, Nottingham, Sheffield via Dearne, Doncaster, Knottingley, Goole and Knottingley via Wakefield Kirkgate
Carlisle, Lancaster/Morecambe/Heysham port.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator

Leeds to Harrogate as well as Harrogate via York!

Traction will be:

Diesel - 142/144/150/153/155, possibly 156, then 158/170 (plus the 195 when that comes in) (I believe the 180 to/from Hebden Bridge is also operated by a Northern Guard too)

Electric - 321/322, then the 331/332 (eventually), and the 333

The 180 service is planned GC crew throughout.

Carlisle, Lancaster/Morecambe/Heysham port.

Only signed by Lancaster crew, I believe

Selected links at Leeds sign Carlisle, but all of Skipton do.

Only Skipton sign the route from there to Carnforth, they also sign Morecambe, however various other depots also sign Lancaster-Morecambe. And Skipton don't sign Heysham.

Adam0984

The earliest start from conductors is currently 0354 and latest finish is 0130.
Traction wise 142/4, 150/3/5/6/8, 170, 321/2 and 333. Eventually 195 and 331s.
Routes, Leeds - Bradford FS/Skipton/Ilkley, York Via Harrogate, York Via Micklefield, Selby, Knottingley (Via Castleford and Featherstone), Sheffield (Via Barnsley and Moorthorpe), Doncaster, Manchester Vic, Huddersfield Via Bradford Int.
And certain links signing Blackpool, Carlisle, Goole, Penistone Line, Nottingham and Huddersfield to Wakefield

Status
Not open for further replies.