• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern leeds trainee driver jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makkaby

Has anybody been given a date for the Phsychometric tests in Doncaster yet for the Leeds post? I attended an interview on 27th April and received an email following day stating tests would be in due course.....but nothing yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Has anybody been given a date for the Phsychometric tests in Doncaster yet for the Leeds post? I attended an interview on 27th April and received an email following day stating tests would be in due course.....but nothing yet.

I understand there is an assessment day on Monday as my friend is there.

JCLeeds

Makkaby I believe numbers that DBS can handle are limited and NR need to send a lot. They will get around to you don't worry, they just need to get slots. Good luck

RBSN

Makkaby I believe numbers that DBS can handle are limited and NR need to send a lot. They will get around to you don't worry, they just need to get slots. Good luck

4 were down there today, one of them being a friend of mine - he failed, unfortunately. Not sure how the other 3 got on.

Shrimper

There are still a lot of Manchester applicants going through the process too; I know of at least two days within the next ten days which will have Northern applicants doing the tests at Doncaster; plus several have taken place over the past few weeks as well.

Generally it seems you get between one and two weeks notice if they want you to attend though it could be even shorter if someone drops out.

RBSN

I'm waiting for a medical date from Northern. Is anyone else in the same position and nervous? I mean, I'm a fit man, I'm not as fit as I was at 18, but generally fit.

I understand the medical tests are pretty much standard tests and nothing to worry about. However, if you fail, it's game over - it's a nervous time!:(:D

kaine19

I'm waiting for a medical date from Northern. Is anyone else in the same position and nervous? I mean, I'm a fit man, I'm not as fit as I was at 18, but generally fit.

I understand the medical tests are pretty much standard tests and nothing to worry about. However, if you fail, it's game over - it's a nervous time!:(:D

Ive got slightly bad ears and an irregular heartbeat and i passed

RBSN

Ive got slightly bad ears and an irregular heartbeat and i passed

That makes me feel a lot better. I think it's just because of the type of (long) process. Failing here would be a real kick in the trains.

Louby

That makes me feel a lot better. I think it's just because of the type of (long) process. Failing here would be a real kick in the trains.

Unless you have diabetes or the ECG picks something up its pretty much like a health check, they are pretty hot on bmi thou

RBSN

HR will be on-going with Leeds end of next week, as they're currently on with Manchester. FYI for those who have applied for Leeds.

RBSN

I've still heard nothing as of 12pm today - has anyone else been lucky to hear back from Northern regarding Leeds trainees?

LETHLFH

You may not hear anything until other candidates have had an opportunity to sit assessments then Northern HR can sit down look at interview scores and decide which candidates will be sent on courses immediately and which candidates will be placed in talent pools.

RBSN

You may not hear anything until other candidates have had an opportunity to sit assessments then Northern HR can sit down look at interview scores and decide which candidates will be sent on courses immediately and which candidates will be placed in talent pools.

I'd of thought that the assessment stages would be complete by now. I guess no news is, or can be, good news. :D

LETHLFH

Possibly, they are recruiting that many drivers and conductors for several depots across the network I imagine HR are snowed under. I imagine all vacancies are moving at snails pace due to the sheer volume of vacancies and applications. Your still in with a chance of an immediate course until you hear otherwise so of course no news could mean good news.

RBSN

I've received an email today.

I've been 'pencilled in' for the next course, which is in July.

Happy days!

RBSN

Well done pal, been reading that you have waited a while.

Thanks buddy. It's a long process and clearly a lot of people apply, so to be given the opportunity I am over the moon!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have my medical on Friday in York. Who's joining me?

Makkaby

I am attending a Medical on Friday. It's the final hurdle. I have a BMI of 27. How strict are they on BMI and will this be an issue?

Shrimper

I am attending a Medical on Friday. It's the final hurdle. I have a BMI of 27. How strict are they on BMI and will this be an issue?

I passed mine for Manchester with 31 - blood pressure was fine too which helps! I think its more of a mobility issue than a black and white BMI one.

Shrimper

Yes, last Thursday for a start next month in Manchester.

Obviously got the usual warnings about eating and exercise, though having lost 2 stone over the past 2 years they were happy I was going in the right direction!

Makkaby

Yes, last Thursday for a start next month in Manchester.

Obviously got the usual warnings about eating and exercise, though having lost 2 stone over the past 2 years they were happy I was going in the right direction!

Thanks for that... It's some relief... fingers crossed for the rest of it. Well done on passing, you must be buzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.