• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern leeds trainee driver jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl1e2

Has anyone heard anything at all falling the northern leeds advert which ended on the 16th of December?

I've seen threads about the Manchester and Sheffield vacancies which were up at the same time- people have been interviewed and rejected for those. But I've seen nothing about the Leeds one.

Is it possible that he are sorting out those roles first and haven't even sifted leeds? Or have I just missed the threads? Mine still just says "new application submitted".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

I believe they've done some interviews today but don't know which application wave they were for and if they were external or just internal applications

RBSN

I believe they've done some interviews today but don't know which application wave they were for and if they were external or just internal applications

I called Northern earlier. Applications for the most recent trainee train drivers are 'still in process'. What ever that means.

Charl1e2

I called Northern earlier. Applications for the most recent trainee train drivers are 'still in process'. What ever that means.

Clear as mud:).

I'll never understand why these things take so long. But I guess it could be worse.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I meant 16th of March above! Not December.

I know it's only been a month but they did say 2-4 weeks.

LETHLFH

Northern have been recruiting quite heavily since January for various depots. I imagine the recruitment team are snowed under at the moment. I have heard from a Northern member of staff that they received over 1900 applications for the most recent positions at Manchester. Imagine manually sifting all of those. That alone could take days if not longer.

RBSN

It would be interesting to know how many applicants Leeds have got and out of those, how many have already passed the assessment day or medical

387star

On Moderation
what happened to the guys waiting on manchester and wigan there was a thread about it have they all got jobs now?

Northern have been recruiting quite heavily since January for various depots. I imagine the recruitment team are snowed under at the moment. I have heard from a Northern member of staff that they received over 1900 applications for the most recent positions at Manchester. Imagine manually sifting all of those. That alone could take days if not longer.

How many people normally work in the recruitment department and would do a sift? Apparently they got 1000 applicants for Sheffield and 1900 for Leeds. 2900 then. Four weeks is 20 working days which was their target for reply. To yes/no all these they'd have to read 145 a day. Over 20 applications an hour.

Each application would take a minimum of half and hour to an hour to read and consider against the various requirements and competency criteria (if not immediately sifted out due to postcode or a major clanger). Therefore, Does each recruitment department have 10-20 people in it to make this speed of process feasible! The image from these forums that comes to mind is of the GTR recruitment desk which is clearly just one or two very stressed middle aged women (ever changing) struggling with the weight of demand of their recent recruitment drives.

My maths might be way out but I reckon the wait will be long.

Si_leeds

I applied back in January and had my assessment day in February I belive.
I'm away on holiday in a few weeks so it meant I couldn't enter the next training course which started in April, I did however get offered a start date last week for the 13th of June. So there's obviously a course starting in June. If you've passed your assessment it may be that they're currently a locating your training. If that's the case I'll see you in June :)

As long as I pass my medical next week!

RBSN

I had an email this morning explaining that they're, at the moment, concentrating on the Manchester trainee applications.

FYI.

kaine19

I applied for manchester but yeah hr said there prioritising things at the minute due to a lot of jobs been advertised.

Charl1e2

I had an email this morning explaining that they're, at the moment, concentrating on the Manchester trainee applications.

FYI.

Was that as a response to you emailing them or was it a general one? Still haven't heard anything here.

AD15

Hi.
Anyone got a interview date for next week?? Just got mine yesterday.

JCLeeds

Got my Leeds interview invite today. Its Tuesday so not much time for swatting up! Nervous already, so much riding on it now.... Good luck to everyone

RBSN

I got the email today! I have an interview on Tuesday, 10:30!! Very happy!

Charl1e2

Congratulations all!

They are advertising for trainee drivers for Manchester again. How can that be? They must have had enough candidates!!

JCLeeds

Congratulations all!

They are advertising for trainee drivers for Manchester again. How can that be? They must have had enough candidates!!

Really? I do find that strange, surely they have enough in the T-Pool? I guess not...

AD15

Not sure if I met any of you guys there today, but hope you all did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.