• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

Trainee driver
Won't be on long peeps

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Reminiscent of GTR last year, take over a franchise and realise just how short of drivers they are. Let's hope they have more trainers and instructors lined up than GTR did. With Greater Anglia and London Midland due later in the year, maybe similar scenarios there, could be a good year for wannabe drivers.

WCMLaddict

Got nothing to do with being short of drivers, most depots are over establishment.
Everything to do with increased levels of service the new franchise is supposed to provide from next year.

JCLeeds

Slightly strange, everyone still waiting for assessments or medical from the March advert and interviews only 2 weeks ago. I do think they need a lot though, so good luck to everyone.

JohnChuchu

Reminiscent of GTR last year, take over a franchise and realise just how short of drivers they are. Let's hope they have more trainers and instructors lined up than GTR did. With Greater Anglia and London Midland due later in the year, maybe similar scenarios there, could be a good year for wannabe drivers.

They are recruiting Driver Trainers to cope with the influx of trainees

http://www.northern.engageats.co.uk...GTE91drMU4kjVV0AVQ8LzEQ9pB2H4akml0IDV1DqWNg==

Charl1e2

They had over 2000 applications though. Surely there were enough quality app, i cations in that.

kaine19

Manchester did the same. I've noticed Leeds are on more than what my contract says for manchester booo haha

Emmery

Makes me wish I lived in Leeds, I don't think a two hour drive would be acceptable to any TOC.

Guess i'll wait for one closer to home.:(

JohnChuchu

I still find it strange. Those of us that passed DMI for Leeds only 2 weeks ago are still waiting for assessment days or medicals
Most probably they were waiting for the new franchise Arriva Northern to start. New owners, new terms, service levels etc

Nick82

As there seems to be 2 posts regarding a trainee driver role in Leeds, as asked in the other post does anyone know what routes a trainee driver from leeds signs and also what the triangle route is. Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.