• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Lime st to Man airport broke down in Lime street tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

high camera

Well thats the shortest journey ever

Just left lime street on a 195 and brakes abruptly applied, another few metres then full stop in tunnel. Power off and no lights, woman now stuck in toilet as door doesnt work.

Its actually pretty funny. Lime street engineer on board

Moving again now, yippee !

Woman got out when power came back on

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
I've known crow bars to be used when bog doors don't open. It shouldn't happen that people cannot get out of them

Llandudno

Established Member
Is this another case of 195’s suffering from hay fever….?

Ianigsy

Do people no longer sing "Oh dear, what a calamity" in situations like this?

I can remember being on a train which made it as far as Edge Hill before 86430 Scottish National Orchestra coasted to a halt.

D6130

Established Member
I can remember being on a train which made it as far as Edge Hill before 86430 Scottish National Orchestra coasted to a halt.
....and I can remember driving a class 333 (Sorry....can't remember the number!) out of platform 2 at Bradford Forster Square, which came to an abrupt halt before we even reached the starter signal.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
That could lead to a rather embarrassing situation. :oops:

I always get a slight worry when the door stutters as it reopens as if it is stuck.

The old EMT HST's had the best bogs to my mind. Lo-tec, highly functional.

Trackman

Established Member
Class 195, well I never ;)
Some toilets have an automatic door release (exit or entry) which I think is after a certain amount of time, then the system resets itself and locks it again.
I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.