• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Liveried Class 153 stock through Ely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meglodon 5

Hey,

When trainspotting earlier outside of Ely, I saw 3 single car Class 153s pull through Ely. The numbers are below:
153 302
153 311
153 312
Does anyone know what they were doing so far south, especially as they were in Northern Railway livery (purple and navy)?

Are they being moved to storage in Ely North/Mlf Papworth Sidings?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

Neptune

Established Member
Hey,

When trainspotting earlier outside of Ely, I saw 3 single car Class 153s pull through Ely. The numbers are below:
153 302
153 311
153 312
Does anyone know what they were doing so far south, especially as they were in Northern Railway livery (purple and navy)?

Are they being moved to storage in Ely North/Mlf Papworth Sidings?
None of those 3 unit numbers have ever been northern units.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
well, all three came through Ely with what I am sure is northern livery. Also, i double-checked the numbers when I cycled past this morning.

Northern and East Midlands livery are nothing like each other. Some ex EMR units are with TFW and they stand out in a colourful manner.

skyhigh

Established Member
well, all three came through Ely with what I am sure is northern livery. Also, i double-checked the numbers when I cycled past this morning.
Those numbers definitely aren't ex-Northern units. Did they have red ends with yellowy-orange doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.