• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern MDD Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mancdriver1976

Just seen this role advertised on their careers website .
Does anyone have anymore information on the role please ?
Shifts etc
And is the 37k wage advertised the starting wage or qualified wage ?
Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi I have seen it. Shifts will be nights not too sure of the pattern. 37k is usually when qualified but training is usually 26k unless there has been an agreement with the union to go to full pay atraight away.

I am happy to be corrected but this is what I believe.

Efini92

Established Member
It’s mainly nights but they do have a day shift as well. They’re on a 5 day week and every 5 weeks (iirc) they have a week of rest days.
Basically you will fuel and prepare trains as required and move trains around the depot as required.
I think the salary quoted is the top rate of pay.

Geeves

Established Member
Also thats the Salary minus any of that week of Rest day work which would likely be a very nice little earner, plus extra for the nights, BH work, Sundays etc.

Efini92

Established Member
Do they get extra for nights? I thought it was in with the salary.
They’re always short so there’s no shortage of RDW up there.

Geeves

Established Member
I am sure there is some nights supplement but then again they might have sold it on for higher pay over the years, similar to other traincrew grades. I know a few people up there now and they are loving it, I don't think they miss guarding at all!

CreamNCookies

I'd give the job description a read on the recruitment website. Tells you everything you need to know.

Marc637

Im interested in this job role but currently have another application open/ongoing with northern. Can you apply for 2 jobs at the same company, or does this look bad on my behalf? Thanks

Mancdriver1976

Thanks for the replies, I've applied!
Any current depot drivers on here for Northern that can tell me if they enjoy the job or not ?
Job duties look quite varied so should be good.
How many applicants do they tend to have for these vacancies as I can find much info on this role on this forum compared to mainline drivers. Do depot drivers still need to do psychometric testing and obtain a full license?

Efini92

Established Member
They do the psychometrics I’m not sure what licence they have.
They’re a good bunch on newton heath you can have a laugh with them.
The night shift is where all the work is. The day shift is nice and quiet. There’s plenty of overtime if you want it.
I don’t know about variety, but you’ll certainly be able to prep a unit.

Mancdriver1976

They do the psychometrics I’m not sure what licence they have.
They’re a good bunch on newton heath you can have a laugh with them.
The night shift is where all the work is. The day shift is nice and quiet. There’s plenty of overtime if you want it.
I don’t know about variety, but you’ll certainly be able to prep a unit.
Are you an m.d.d for Northern ?

Status
Not open for further replies.