• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Medical Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traiin111

Hi Guys,

After passing the draining exams and interviews for the Driver position at Manchester, I received an email in May 2019 stating I will receive a medical date. However, its nearly been two months and still nothing. I rang up couple days ago to be told I'm in some talent pool. However, someone I know is having their DMI soon for the exact same position.

I don't understand why Northern would be recruiting more people when there are plenty in the pool? Also, is anyone else in the same boat?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mel Smooth

Sit tight. No doubt Northern will have a block booking arranged/to be arranged for medicals to get a load through at once.

Rockhopper

If you are in the talent pool then you don't have a job - you are waiting for a position to become available and as each one is filled you will move up the queue till you get to the top then the next job is yours. I'd imagine thats when you 'll get your medical date. If you don't get to the top of the list within a certain time (12 months?) then you have to start again.
Thats my understanding anyhow.

RBSN

You’re in a queue.

Please hold, a representative will be with you shortly...

On a serious note; you’re more than likely waiting for Northern to organise their next driver course. It’s a waiting game.

I recommend calling each week and asking for an update.

Traiin111

Sit tight. No doubt Northern will have a block booking arranged/to be arranged for medicals to get a load through at once.

I don't mind waiting. Only issue is knowing that there is a chance that all my time and efforts can be of no use if there is no medical arranged before my application expires.

Traiin111

You’re in a queue.

Please hold, a representative will be with you shortly...

On a serious note; you’re more than likely waiting for Northern to organise their next driver course. It’s a waiting game.

I recommend calling each week and asking for an update.

Cheers, I appreciate the advice. Im going to ring them every two weeks, just so I don't start annoying them Haha. Annoying part is, Im asked every-week from friends and family regarding my medical ahahaa.

Traiin111

If you are in the talent pool then you don't have a job - you are waiting for a position to become available and as each one is filled you will move up the queue till you get to the top then the next job is yours. I'd imagine thats when you 'll get your medical date. If you don't get to the top of the list within a certain time (12 months?) then you have to start again.
Thats my understanding anyhow.

A scary Prospect, but I appreciate the honesty and straightforwardness. Hopefully, they'll sort something out soon.

Mel Smooth

I don't mind waiting. Only issue is knowing that there is a chance that all my time and efforts can be of no use if there is no medical arranged before my application expires.
You have 9 months from when you passed the psychometric tests! You’ll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.