• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Class 150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

If anyone needs to question why they are called "plastic", then here is the reason ;) :D

Coxster

Established Member
It'd be nice if it didn't have the advert on it. Wessex Trains have made their 150s with adverts very nice!

Dave A

IMO: I think its more the purple than anything plus the ads. A nice orange, red, yellow etc in with that blue would look luv-o-ly ;)

Simming

That Livery Is Alright. I like it infact. Its an Improvment to the tatty Reggie Rail and Other Liverys they carried IMO

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I really like that livery, especially the dark blue. Almost a distant reminder of the BR days (although the purple spoils that ;) )

However, this can only mean that the days of the 150s still painted up in BR Regional Railways livery are numbered :( . Are these some of the last remaining units still in RR livery?

Galvanize

Better than Provincial blue and worse than ONE's livery.

I agree with Damon that wessex did a very good job with their 150s, even Valley Lines did a good job with their Pacers/Sprinters before Arriva took over the game.

I bet when SWT refurbish their 455/8s they'll do something like that with adverts for Legoland Windsor, Hampton Court, Thorpe park etc...

Guinness

Established Member
I don't mind the liverly. Its just a bummer that there whole company has to be using the two purples.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Actually, isn't that livery just the old North Western blue base coat with the star vinyls removed and white and lilac vinyls added?

Nick

Marv said:
Actually, isn't that livery just the old North Western blue base coat with the star vinyls removed and white and lilac vinyls added?

Looks like it.

Guinness

Established Member
It is indeed. Its cheap as most of the 150s and 156s are in the FNW blue. I wonder what it will look like on a 323. :)

Guinness

Established Member
Hubert said:
HSTfan!!! said:
for a first company... not very barbie is it....

Northenr Rail is a joint venture between Serco and NEDRailways (a subsidury of Dutch Railways).

Just to add that Hubert.... The same group also run Merseyrail after ARRIVA lost the franchise. :) First and Serco-NedRailways were the only fianlist remaining til they diecied that Serco had a desent past record of Rail Services.

steve158

it's not a bad job, an improvment on the arriva logo which was getting tatty.

CT's new 150s are quite nice as well... nice shade of green.

KevinR

steve158 said:
it's not a bad job, an improvment on the arriva logo which was getting tatty.

CT's new 150s are quite nice as well... nice shade of green.

I think it looks quite nice [Northern 150].. also, are there any photos of a 150 in Central green? The 150 is one of my all time favourte units :)

KevinR

Ah right thanks for clearing that up Alex... the old Anglia livery is quite attractive too... I'm sure this new 'one' livery will grow on me in time. It does look rather good on Turbostars and Metro-Cammel 156's in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.