• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail complimentary vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-pacer

Established Member
Has anyone used any of these vouchers issued by the last franchise holder on services now operated by Arriva, and if so have you had any problems?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Received this email from Northern on 27 April 2016.

Hi Graham

Thank you for your email.

I am pleased to inform you that you are still able to use your complimentary travel voucher now that the franchise has been taken over.

Should you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0800 200 6060. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to contact Northern.

Kind Regards

Cayra
Customer Solutions Advisor

Telephone: 0800 200 6060

www.northernrailway.co.uk

Northern_Global_Logo_Reserved_Blue

Proud to be Northern

Andyh82

Established Member
Just stick a white sticker over the old Northern logo and blank out any reference to Northern Rail, then they will match the current brand!

In reality I would expect rail vouchers to be carried over, I used East Coast ones on VTEC.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Yes, I have; no I didn't have any problems. Well one guard questioned the fact I was attempting to use my two date boxes for two people at the same time (i.e. both filled in with the same date, as permitted in the accompanying letter) - but I doubt that has anything to do with Arriva.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
.....Well one guard questioned the fact I was attempting to use my two date boxes for two people at the same time (i.e. both filled in with the same date, as permitted in the accompanying letter) - but I doubt that has anything to do with Arriva.

No, its more to do with the complete lack of information passed on about the vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.