• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern rail conductor assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry370

im just about to do a online assessment for northern for a conductor role , so just a quick question or 2:

does anyone have a idea of what the online assesment entails?
more importantly if i failed this assessment would this affect my "2 strikes" rule for future train driver vacancies?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grae

The online assessment has changed since I did it , just do the practice ones as much as you can ,
With regards to the 2 strikes for a train driver , this is a totally different situation, so no ,
The train driver psychometrics is a completely different assessment ,

harry370

The online assessment has changed since I did it , just do the practice ones as much as you can ,
With regards to the 2 strikes for a train driver , this is a totally different situation, so no ,
The train driver psychometrics is a completely different assessment ,
thanks much appreciated

LokiB

It's a verbal and numeric reasoning test.
Do the practice test that they sent to get the jist of what will happen to do revision on percentages, ratios and the like.
Have a calculator and plenty of paper with you whilst doing the tests.
I think it's 18 questions and about a minute to answer question.
From what I gather the pass mark is low but the higher the mark the better to get through the sift.

Status
Not open for further replies.