• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi

I have an interview next week for Northern as a customer service assistant and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips at all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LRV3004

The obvious thing to do is be pleasant and make eye contact with the interviewers! I would also suggest researching the company and brush up on your railway geography as well - one of the questions could probably be along the lines of a customer approaching you and asking how to get to some obscure station somewhere!
Also think of some examples of when you've given excellent customer service and a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer, and if possible give your examples in the 'STAR' format:
S - Situation. What was it?
T - Task. How did you plan to resolve things?
A - Action. What steps did you take?
R - Result. What was the outcome?
Good luck! :)

Yeah I’m all prepped for the STAR answers and have some knowledge of the company.

With regards to routes I know some of the main Direct services they operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.