• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Meet The Managers (Mid Cheshire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
MEET YOUR NORTHERN RAIL MANAGERS ON THE MID CHESHIRE LINE – 23rd November

On Wednesday 23rd November 2011 the Mid Cheshire Community Rail Officer and managers from Northern Rail will be out and about on the train and at Knutsford spending time talking to passengers and listening to their comments.

The timetable for the day is:

Opportunities to talk to Northern Rail staff and the Community Rail Officer:

ON THE TRAIN:
On the 0814 train from Mouldsworth to Knutsford
On the 0817 train from Manchester to Knutsford
On the 14:59 Knutsford to Mouldsworth
On the 15:45 Knutsford to Manchester

ON KNUTSFORD STATION:
Between 0845 and 1200 at Knutsford station

IN THE COMMUNITY AT BOOTHS SUPERMARKET, KNUTSFORD:
Between 1230 and 1430 at Booths supermarket café

Chris Ingham, Northern Rail Station Manager for the Mid Cheshire Line said:
“We welcome the opportunity to talk to our passengers and local residents about the service that we offer on the Mid Cheshire Line and most importantly listen to their views.”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
Its amusing they organise all these events for the rural areas, just to give the impression that they havent forgotten about them.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
MEET YOUR NORTHERN RAIL MANAGERS ON THE MID CHESHIRE LINE – 23rd November

On Wednesday 23rd November 2011 the Mid Cheshire Community Rail Officer and managers from Northern Rail will be out and about on the train and at Knutsford spending time talking to passengers and listening to their comments.

The timetable for the day is:

Opportunities to talk to Northern Rail staff and the Community Rail Officer:

ON THE TRAIN:
On the 0814 train from Mouldsworth to Knutsford
On the 0817 train from Manchester to Knutsford
On the 14:59 Knutsford to Mouldsworth
On the 15:45 Knutsford to Manchester

ON KNUTSFORD STATION:
Between 0845 and 1200 at Knutsford station

IN THE COMMUNITY AT BOOTHS SUPERMARKET, KNUTSFORD:
Between 1230 and 1430 at Booths supermarket café

Chris Ingham, Northern Rail Station Manager for the Mid Cheshire Line said:
“We welcome the opportunity to talk to our passengers and local residents about the service that we offer on the Mid Cheshire Line and most importantly listen to their views.”
Dammit, I'll have to put my tie on now and pretend I know what I'm doing :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Its amusing they organise all these events for the rural areas, just to give the impression that they havent forgotten about them.

To be fair on my bosses they do make a concerted effort to keep the railway as part of the community and it works! (on almost every station except Greenbank)

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
The area around Greenbank isn't really that rural, especially compared to Ashley that is very rural.

compared to a lot of areas the majority of stations are rather rural, the point I was making tho that a lot of Stations have benefited from the local community, Greenbank however just seems to get vandalised by youths (which is a shame)

pemma

Veteran Member
Greenbank however just seems to get vandalised by youths (which is a shame)

The problem with Greenbank is it's the local station for a run down state on the edge of Northwich. It also has 3 high schools within walking distance of it as well as a further education college, so has numerous teenage users. Fortunately, for the on board train staff there aren't hundreds of school kids all wanting to go in the same direction by train at the same time as there is with Knutsford High School.

A different way of looking at it is Northwich is a smaller version of Warrington Central, while Greenbank is very similar to Padgate.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
The problem with Greenbank is it's the local station for a run down state on the edge of Northwich. It also has 3 high schools within walking distance of it as well as a further education college, so has numerous teenage users. Fortunately, for the on board train staff there aren't hundreds of school kids all wanting to go in the same direction by train at the same time as there is with Knutsford High School.

A different way of looking at it is Northwich is a smaller version of Warrington Central, while Greenbank is very similar to Padgate.
Greenbank the trouble we get is students for the college, so much hassle with them and Padgate is so much quieter then Greenbank (From a Guards point of view)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
That's quite interesting news. Are Northern planning any such events for other routes ? (particularly Hallam).

Holly

Greenbank the trouble we get is students for the college, so much hassle with them and ... (From a Guards point of view)
The obvious solution for Greenbank then is to man the station during the sensitive hours (7 to 10 and 2 to 6 Monday to Friday).

Apart from deterring expensive-to-repair vandalism the stationmaster could do all sorts of useful things.

Oh, silly me, I forgot that stationmasters who provide useful services for free is seen as a bad thing modernly.

pemma

Veteran Member
I've noticed the managers seem to be travelling on the trains that aren't too busy, with the exception of one that's booked for 2x150s.

They could try the 07:17 Manchester to Knutsford instead of the 08:17 or the train departing Chester at around 7am for Manchester, instead of the 8am, which are both busy 2 car 150s.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I've noticed the managers seem to be travelling on the trains that aren't too busy, with the exception of one that's booked for 2x150s.

They could try the 07:17 Manchester to Knutsford instead of the 08:17 or the train departing Chester at around 7am for Manchester, instead of the 8am, which are both busy 2 car 150s.

They would most probably claim that they would not be able to carry out their discussions under such busy situations as these, when people intending to talk to them would not be able to discuss matters in a correct manner.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
They would most probably claim that they would not be able to carry out their discussions under such busy situations as these, when people intending to talk to them would not be able to discuss matters in a correct manner.

and they would have a point! The early morning ones can be hectic

Status
Not open for further replies.