• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Recruiting trainee drivers (Blackpool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Commi

Thanks for the link for northern I did not even know they where advertising-apparently closing date is the 3rd of may!

Established Member
Air of caution: their recruitment recently advertised a similar post at Blackpool, but didn't actually recruit anyone, stating there was a change in business circumstances - I hear though that there was no actual requirement for drivers in the first place!?!

Whilst I'd still certainly apply, I'd be sceptical that there is actually a vacancy there. I wonder if they are going back to their bad old habits of withdrawing about half of their vacancies, after thousands of people wasted their time applying.

tnxrail

Whilst I'd still certainly apply, I'd be sceptical that there is actually a vacancy there. I wonder if they are going back to their bad old habits of withdrawing about half of their vacancies, after thousands of people wasted their time applying.

London Midland do something like that with speculative job's up for months and doesn't mean they are hiring until that point, and they probably see if they need people. One question is worth applying if their is a job and moving across the country from where i live if i did get it say.

Mark7081

Hi all,

I saw this ad on their site and had a go and failed the screening process because I don't live within an hour journey time from the depot.

Now while I appreciate that the nature of the job requires this short journey time because of safety the pre-screening wouldn't let me explain my situation further so I emailed them.

I explained that I wished to apply and although I don't live within an hour away a present, if I got the job I would have to move house as my current home is supplied by my employers so could move to Blackpool.

NR replied very quickly however the response just seemed to re-state the reasons why you have to be within 60 min of the depot as opposed to saying "well if you are going to move close you can apply" and gave no help at all.

oh well :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.