• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern rail Sheffield - Lincoln diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan01n

I noticed in the past 2-3 weeks there are no pacers on this route and it is replaced with 150, 156 and 158s. I wonder where the pacers are displaced and originally what lines do those 150 and 158 works on.

Times I noticed: 11/06/18 19:22 class 150 (to Leeds?/ PIDS display Leeds but I think it is going to Sheffield)

06/06/18 class 158 20:16 Sheffield bound.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

The Sheffield to Lincoln trains now start at Leeds and come via Barnsley. They also interwork with the Leeds to Nottingham now so run Leeds - Lincoln - Leeds - Nottingham - Leeds and start again. So because pacers can’t go south of Chesterfield in service they have to be worked by 15Xs or if a pacer does go to Lincoln it has to be swapped at some point before it goes to Notts

robbeech

Established Member
There’s still the odd one later in the evening that gets a pacer on it. I assume when it’s swapped out. These as you say are generally 15X and I for one am absolutely over the moon about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.