• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Train Presentation Operative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just seen the obove job advertised on the Northern website - can anyone tell me or answer me these few questions.

1) Are Northern TPO responsible for cleaning the station interior / platforms and station exteriors or is that a different company altogether.

2) Do Northern TPO only clean trains at ceratin stations in there turn around times and do they also travel to the next station and then back to where they are based.

If anyone has more info regarding this role please can you provide info cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Only the trains, ISS are contracted to do stations. AFAIK cleaners are only based at one station and do not travwl around.

trickyvegas

There's a guy with long hair, who seems to have been around since the year dot at Manchester Victoria who gets on to clean them at turnaround - always seems to do a thorough job.

Established Member
Hi, just seen the obove job advertised on the Northern website - can anyone tell me or answer me these few questions.

1) Are Northern TPO responsible for cleaning the station interior / platforms and station exteriors or is that a different company altogether.

2) Do Northern TPO only clean trains at ceratin stations in there turn around times and do they also travel to the next station and then back to where they are based.

If anyone has more info regarding this role please can you provide info cheers.

Will expand a bit more on what I said last night. It would depend on which location you've applied for - presentation staff can be employed at a station to prep incoming trains for going back around. Quite a simple job, just means collecting the visible bits of rubbish and emptying the bins. The other side of the job would be if you were based at a station for overnight duties, or at a depot or stabling point. On those you'd do the same as above, but will also clean and hoover the floors, toilets and tables. Might be some polishing of glass and other things - bit more involved.

Established Member
I'm hoping under restructuring I will be come....

Fare Dodger Extermination Facist (FDEF) ;)

Established Member
I'd rather be that than be promoted to your job ;)

Ridiculously Uniformed Mananger Protecting Revenue In Dodgy Express Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.