• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail - Trainee Driver Manchester Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Ah ok - plenty of options to pick from then! Fingers crossed a vacancy comes up near you soon [emoji41]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TerryTank

Ah, gutted! I've been out of the country for 2 weeks and I've completely missed this. Been waiting so long for something in Manchester to come up too.

Guess there's always next time :| Good luck to the rest of you, recognise a couple of names from the Metrolink thread last year!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Ah, gutted! I've been out of the country for 2 weeks and I've completely missed this. Been waiting so long for something in Manchester to come up too.

Guess there's always next time :| Good luck to the rest of you, recognise a couple of names from the Metrolink thread last year!

Yeah I'm one of them! :oops:

12guard4

Yeah, don't panic yet - it took them almost 2 months to get back to me last year. Sifting will always take a while.

The advert did state that the intake is for spring/summer so I wouldn't of thought it would be too long.

MJG3

Still not heard anything, it's only been 3 weeks though and it did say 2-4 or longer depending on volume of applications. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we hear something soon.

Shrimper

The RMT strike has slowed the process down a bit. I have it on good authority that sifting should commence once Monday is done with.

iWanabee

Be patient people.

My email for a different Northern depot stated I'd hear within 2 - 4 weeks.

I finally got my DMI email FOUR months after applying. I had already had my Psychometric assessments with another TOC that I had previously applied for.

I got on with my day to day life and forgot about the railway. Seeing that email land in my junk box 4 months later made the surprise even more surreal.

Patience is a virtue in this game.

basherB

Good afternoon all,

New to the forum and posting to say, just received an email from northern stating I,m onto the interview stage next week.

Anyone else had the news?

antbravo81

hi everyone

I'm new on here as well. I've not heard anything either yet but a mate who recommended the job to me has said that they are still dealing with the applications. 400+ per vacancy:roll:

Dec_10

I've not heard anything either, be interesting to see if anyone hears back tomorrow with it being easter weekend. Seems odd only one person hearing back, has anyone else heard?

MJG3

I haven't heard anything either. As someone has heard they have reached the next stage (well done by the way) does this look ominous for those of us who are yet to hear anything?

Davebirty

I've been told that people have heard and are through to the medical stage of proceedings in this phase of recruitment. Anybody know anyone who is??

They haven't even started the interview process yet, so nobody is through to the medical stage. Be patient, things take time on the railway!

MJG3

It's been 8 weeks since the applications were put in, seeing as it said 2-4 weeks I think it's poor that we have not heard anything at all. It's a bit frustrating when you don't know if to rule it out or to be preparing for next stage or just to know that they are still sifting through applications.

Louby

It's been 8 weeks since the applications were put in, seeing as it said 2-4 weeks I think it's poor that we have not heard anything at all. It's a bit frustrating when you don't know if to rule it out or to be preparing for next stage or just to know that they are still sifting through applications.

If you think that wait is bad I'd quit now lol

Davebirty

Told by whom..?

Somebody you probably know!! He said that the guy in question only applied when we all did and he's heard back and has passed the interview and is now at the medical stage. I did say at the time that I didn't believe it as nobody else had heard. I still think he's full of s#*t!!

Status
Not open for further replies.