• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail - Trainee Driver Manchester Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTurbo50

Good news iv just received this s email:

Thank you for submitting your application. We have received a high volume of applicants for this vacancy and after careful consideration we are pleased to confirm that we would like to progress your application on to the next stage. We will be in contact again shortly to advise you of what the next steps are.

We recommend that you periodically check your email to look for updates and messages from us regarding the status of your application and by all means please don’t hesitate to contact us via email if you’d like to know more.

Thank you again for your enthusiasm and interest in working with us and we will be in touch very soon.

Kind regards
The Recruitment Team

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RSTurbo50

Don't lose hope buddy I'm sure the next few days people will find out either way so don't right it off yet.

cin88

I suppose it'll be something to look forward to whilst i'm stuck in work tomorrow with no access to emails :lol:

N!ck

I know a couple of people who have had interviews, a couple of people who have heard they are through to the next stage. I haven't heard a thing, I'm not sure how they process the applications I don't know if anyone can shed some light in how they do things

mwphil

I've had the same email stating my application has been progressed to the next stage

martin2345uk

Established Member
Just got a no thanks email... well least I can stop refreshing my mailbox [emoji17]

cin88

As expected I got a rejection. Begining to get a little bit frustrated with it all now. Patience is a virtue I suppose.

RSTurbo50

I'm still waiting to hear about what the next stage for me is. I received the email a few weeks back to say I was to be contacted about the next stage. I'm still waiting and in the northern website it states I'm in the talent pool. Is this normal??

rick2678

Is that reply for a maintenance depot drivers position in Manchester ?
Could u tell me when the depot train drivers was advertised pls pal. I look on nr website regularly for this job just wondered if I missed it. Cheers Rick

Potato185

Could u tell me when the depot train drivers was advertised pls pal. I look on nr website regularly for this job just wondered if I missed it. Cheers Rick

The Piccadilly job was advertised mid-February (around 14th I think) if that's what you're on about.

cspudrun

Hi,

Has anyone heard back from the DMI yet?

original email said should be advised within 10-14 days after interview and its over 21 now?

AdyB

Hi

No not heard a thing back yet and my DMI was over 28 days ago

cspudrun

Glad to know its not just me.

I don't think I'd well in interview but believe I've set myself up for success next time.

cspudrun

Anyone got any idea why its taking them so long to reply?

I have no objections to be turned down and will happily attempt again when the job re arises I just hate the waiting game.

Also seems like a poor reflection on the company to keep future prospects hanging.

hope you all have a good weekend.

maccalad

I believe that there has been some issue with the number of applicant during recent advertising of jobs - there has been a lot of new drivers taken on, and the system has hit a bit of a bottleneck.

As such, there is a delay, and in some cases, I am told that the actual advertisement for the job has had to be withdrawn.

This could all be industry rumour, but, it would offer an explanation as to the delays.

cspudrun

Hi,

Do you happen to know why they have cancelled the courses?

Were you waiting for a reply from a DMI yourself?

Hope everyone on the forum has had a good weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.