• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Trainee driver vacancy- Manchester Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsharma25

Hi
I have recently applied for the trainee train driver vacancy which was advertised by Northern rail a few weeks ago, and have got confirmation that my application has been received.
just wanted to ask if anyone knew when the start date is?
also I currently live in Birmingham but I would be willing to relocate closer to Manchester if I am successful, however do Northern Rail take a strict approach to the living 45 minutes away rule?

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Louby

Hi
I have recently applied for the trainee train driver vacancy which was advertised by Northern rail a few weeks ago, and have got confirmation that my application has been received.
just wanted to ask if anyone knew when the start date is?
also I currently live in Birmingham but I would be willing to relocate closer to Manchester if I am successful, however do Northern Rail take a strict approach to the living 45 minutes away rule?

thanks

Yes , I'm surprised you haven't heard as you have to live within 45 min and they are really strict on it

hsharma25

yeh I kind of thought that may be the case...but I guess it worth the try. I currently work on the railway and have recently passed Stage 1 & 2 of the RSSB driver assessments hopefully that works in my favour with Northern Rail.

Louby

yeh I kind of thought that may be the case...but I guess it worth the try. I currently work on the railway and have recently passed Stage 1 & 2 of the RSSB driver assessments hopefully that works in my favour with Northern Rail.

It won't make a difference with location I'm afraid

kaine19

There's a thread already open for manchester depots. No start date as such as there's courses all through out the year.

Kaine19, you seem pretty clued up on the recruitment process from what I have read, I wonder if you could help me out? I passed my drivers assessment a week last Tuesday and was wondering how long I should expect to wait to hear official confirmation from Northern to tell me I have passed and give me a fat for a medical? The waiting is killing me!! I don't want to mither them but on the other hand I want to email or phone HR and ask them, I just don't want to be forgotten! Ha! Cheers pal.

kaine19

Normally takes around 7 working days to hear back. Although I know a few people who did there assessment few week back heard on the day that they passed. I'd give them a ring mate. I no there mad busy but am like your self I just wanted to know. Once you passed your interview and assessment you will get a medical as and when they have spaces and a course coming up. May 16th is the next course. Then June and July there after. I think there trying for one a month but at the minute they trainers.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Need*

Cheers mate, a bit of a coincidence as I got a phone call this afternoon to tell me I had passed the assessment and the are pleased to offer me a job. The problem was that they wanted me to start on 13th June but we go away that day for a week! She said that I would have to wait until July but they didn't have any definite plans in place for that course as yet so I don't really know where I stand?? Hopefully I've not blown it??

kaine19

Yeah I was the same for interview they rearranged it. Also I was same for my start date. My current job requires 3 months notice. But I didn't want to turn the chance down in may to then keep wondering will i ever get the chance. I personally think you will be ok for July. Maybe once June course starts just ring up again and say your available no problem now. If not. Maybe bite the bullet and cancel the holiday. Yeah few of my mates got email for assessment day today.

Red18

The problem was that they wanted me to start on 13th June but we go away that day for a week!/QUOTE]

There are thousands of people for each job and they don't come along that often.
You can always have another holiday so don't pass this chance over for the sake of a few days away.

The problem was that they wanted me to start on 13th June but we go away that day for a week!/QUOTE]

There are thousands of people for each job and they don't come along that often.
You can always have another holiday so don't pass this chance over for the sake of a few days away.

You're right there mate, I'll be on the phone first thing monday morning to see if the offer is still there and I'll cancel the holiday! Don't suppose anyone knows the phone number?? :oops:

TheVicLine

I lived in London when I applied for a vacancy with Northern and TPE in Liverpool, I told them both that I was willing to re-locate and they were both happy.

Got the job and re-located without any problems.

kelv

All sorted! Holiday moved and job accepted!!!!

Congrats.

If I am fortunate enough to be in that position then I shall be putting Lucky man by The Verve on & singing & strumming along as loud as possible.

I say "singing" but I'm sure my neighbours will question that by definition.

Come to think of it I can't play the Guitar either but that 'technicality' also wont bother me or stop me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.