• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Trainee Driver vacancy Mcr Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shroeder

First post on here - hello!

I applied for the Lime Street vacancy that closed last week but the Manchester one would be much better for me (in Bolton).
Why do they advertise the vacancies in dribs and drabs and restrict you to only one application at a time? Seems such a shame. I could get knocked back from Liverpool (think my app was pretty good but you never know) but if I was able to resubmit an application to Manchester, I could possibly get in there.

Garry74

Typical, I applied for the Liverpool one last week. Pic is a lot closer to home than Liverpool. Oh well.

Beveridges

Established Member
The put these restrictions on to reduce the amount of applications they recieve, which is overwhelming at the moment

Garry74

I emailed to see if I can swap my application. I don't suppose it is possible though. I only live 11 miles from Pic and 27 miles from Liverpool.

martin2345uk

Established Member
My six months sentence is not up yet! Boohoo! :(
Best of luck to those that can apply though!

Mattmatt

Neither here, nor there, but somewhere in-between!
If you don't mind me asking, how far did you get?

I got as far as the online testing complete stage last time. Then waited ages and had the email saying you've not been successful at this stage, and they rejected my application.

Northern have changed things slightly; as you now can not have two drivers app's going at the same time, plus the questions have been changed too. So I've completely re-written it again. Hopeful as ever.:D

TDK

Established Member
Typical, I applied for the Liverpool one last week. Pic is a lot closer to home than Liverpool. Oh well.

Tell them at interview if you get to that stage that you would consider Manchester if you are unsucceful with Liverpool, they will give you an option to ask questions after they have interviewed you
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I emailed to see if I can swap my application. I don't suppose it is possible though. I only live 11 miles from Pic and 27 miles from Liverpool.

Not a good move mate really, stick with the liverpool application and then tell them at interview (if you get to that stage)

Tgh75

I got as far as the online testing complete stage last time. Then waited ages and had the email saying you've not been successful at this stage, and they rejected my application.

Northern have changed things slightly; as you now can not have two drivers app's going at the same time, plus the questions have been changed too. So I've completely re-written it again. Hopeful as ever.:D

Hi mattmatt, how long have you left it between applications for trainee train driver? I applied in February for the Blackpool north positions and didn't get through! Do you think I would be ok to apply for the Manchester pic trainee positions or does the six month rule apply to the application stage aswell?

Regards
TGH

dugster70

Hi mattmatt, how long have you left it between applications for trainee train driver? I applied in February for the Blackpool north positions and didn't get through! Do you think I would be ok to apply for the Manchester pic trainee positions or does the six month rule apply to the application stage aswell?

Regards
TGH

The six month rule only applies if you have got past the application stage. If you haven't taken any tests i.e DSI, interview or assessments then (correct me somebody if i'm wrong) there is no reason why you cannot apply.

Mattmatt

Neither here, nor there, but somewhere in-between!
The six month rule only applies if you have got past the application stage. If you haven't taken any tests i.e DSI, interview or assessments then (correct me somebody if i'm wrong) there is no reason why you cannot apply.

That is correct; if you've had your previous application rejected from northern, then there's no reason why you can not apply again.

Garry74

Tell them at interview if you get to that stage that you would consider Manchester if you are unsucceful with Liverpool, they will give you an option to ask questions after they have interviewed you
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Not a good move mate really, stick with the liverpool application and then tell them at interview (if you get to that stage)

What makes you say it is not a good move? It is better for me and them if I got the job.

On a different note, where do Northern do their classroom training?

martin2345uk

Established Member
It's an online personality test where youre given pairs of statements and you have to choose which is more like you at work.

I made the mistake of thinking too much rather than going with the honest gut responses. So don't do that.

P-wak

First post on here - hello!

I applied for the Lime Street vacancy that closed last week but the Manchester one would be much better for me (in Bolton).
Why do they advertise the vacancies in dribs and drabs and restrict you to only one application at a time? Seems such a shame. I could get knocked back from Liverpool (think my app was pretty good but you never know) but if I was able to resubmit an application to Manchester, I could possibly get in there.

Just passed my assessments for Man Picc then Liverpool posts vacancies! I live in Liverpool and would prefer to be based there obviously but I think I'm too late to change now!

Garry74

Just passed my assessments for Man Picc then Liverpool posts vacancies! I live in Liverpool and would prefer to be based there obviously but I think I'm too late to change now!

Contact Northern and ask to switch your application. You can only try.

Rail27

I just got an e-mail , have to do some online test, anyone else get this that applied?

RGD

Hello new to the site. So asking for some information please. Applied for the trainee train drivers job.
Just had an email back saying I dint pass the Visual Comparison Test.
I managed to answer 26 out of the 150 in the 5 minutes the online test gave me an it said dont just random guess try an be accurate. At the rate I answered I reckon it was 11 seconds an answer. How much time did anyone else get to do their test an just what are they looking for in a pass mark. As apparently now I cant retake it for 6months an then if that fails my chances of getting a job are nill.
Any replies appreciated thanks.

JENNY17

hi i answered i think it was 76 out of 150. i have not heard anything back or had any emails yet.
Did you get your email today?

RGD

For Jenny17 I got an email today. When you did your test what time where you given to do it ? When I went to the site it said the test was 5 to 10 minutes and I was only given 5, so thats an answer every 3 seconds to get 76 if ive calculated it right on the the time I was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.