• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern rail trainee train driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilufc

I applied for the trainee train driver role with Northern based at leeds in December last year.
I got a email On 22 Jan saying that it would be a further 2 weeks due to high volume of applicants.
Nearly 3 weeks has passed and still not heard anything, is anybody else in the same position? Is this normal procedure with Northern rail recruitment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

keynet10

I applied for trainee train driver Manchester Victoria on December 21st. I received email on February 1st with an invite to interview on February 7th. Profile on DB website states Assessment.
Applied for trainee train driver Manchester Piccadilly on December 27th. Not heard anything since. Profile on DB website states Application in progress.

Brilufc

That's what mine says on DB website "application in process". I would of thought by now I would have had a response either way from northern. I did get a email asking for more information like how much notice period is and if I had any holidays booked but that was nearly 3 weeks ago.
Hopefully hear something soon.

PJFan

That's what mine says on DB website "application in process". I would of thought by now I would have had a response either way from northern. I did get a email asking for more information like how much notice period is and if I had any holidays booked but that was nearly 3 weeks ago.
Hopefully hear something soon.

I had this email as well, but beard nothing since & it says “application in progress”. Is it a good sign that we had the email at least? It did mention a start date in Feb and one in March, so maybe they are having two rounds of interviews?

MidlandsChap

I applied for the trainee train driver role with Northern based at leeds in December last year.
I got a email On 22 Jan saying that it would be a further 2 weeks due to high volume of applicants.
Nearly 3 weeks has passed and still not heard anything, is anybody else in the same position? Is this normal procedure with all rail recruitment?

Fixed for you, and the answer seems to be yes.

dsk

I also applied for the Manchester Piccadilly position on boxing day.

Still saying application in progress.

It's a long wait but I'd rather it show that than "rejected".

Good luck to all that applied.

GPL

I applied for the Manchester Piccadilly position on 21st December, Had my Interview on the 30th January, then had my assessment on the 6th February, Just waiting for a medical appointment now !! :D

My Application still says Assessment !!!

Brilufc

I applied for leeds on December 10th, seems to be a very long process, would just like to know either way.

Well done on getting so far, how was the interview? Was it intense or did it feel more relaxed?

Termak

I applied for the Manchester Piccadilly position on 21st December, Had my Interview on the 30th January, then had my assessment on the 6th February, Just waiting for a medical appointment now !! :D

My Application still says Assessment !!!

Wow, that was quick. Had my my interview on the 23rd of Jan, still heard nothing. Mind, I didn't need to do assessments.

Lee0901

Wow, that was quick. Had my my interview on the 23rd of Jan, still heard nothing. Mind, I didn't need to do assessments.
I had mine 30th January didn't need assessments either. Not heard anything yet so put an email in yesterday asking for an update.

TTD85

Did any of you who applied and were successful state you’d have to relocate or were you all an hour away?

GPL

I applied for leeds on December 10th, seems to be a very long process, would just like to know either way.

Well done on getting so far, how was the interview? Was it intense or did it feel more relaxed?

I thought it was quite relaxed, the 2 guys were really welcoming and i think we got on pretty well.

SeanW90

I applied back in December for Victoria and have heard nothing since apart from the standard give us 2-4 weeks email. Would really like to know either way. Patience is the key just hoping for a chance of assessment as i've been practising daily.

Static65

My Piccadilly application is the same, but then again I'm still waiting to hear back from one last August too. Patience is definitely needed.

Railweigh

Don’t be put off by the wait or if other people hear back and you don’t. Several courses will start at different times, and more than likely all the trainees on them will come from the same vacancy advertisement (s).

Lee0901

My status has changed from assessment to application in process. Anyone know if this is a good or bad thing? I had an interview on 30th January but not heard anything about it. I had also already done OPC stuff last year with another TOC.

Termak

My status has changed from assessment to application in process. Anyone know if this is a good or bad thing? I had an interview on 30th January but not heard anything about it. I had also already done OPC stuff last year with another TOC.
No clue what that might mean, just checked mine, still says Assessment.

MickeyClass37

Fixed for you, and the answer seems to be yes.

Hi all

I applied the end of May 2016.
Interview was middle July 2016
and had my assessment at Doncaster beginning of Sept 2016.

It's definitely awaiting game when applying with Northern.
Also after interview I was spoke to other applicants who were already conductors for Northern.
One chap said around 800 applied,so it shows the work load the HR recruitment have.
All the best and good luck to all that apply.

Lee0901

Hi all

I applied the end of May 2016.
Interview was middle July 2016
and had my assessment at Doncaster beginning of Sept 2016.

It's definitely awaiting game when applying with Northern.
Also after interview I was spoke to other applicants who were already conductors for Northern.
One chap said around 800 applied,so it shows the work load the HR recruitment have.
All the best and good luck to all that apply.
How long was it until you heard the outcome of your interview?

skip1690

How did you guys get on? Did any of you progress? I've just applied for the trainee driver role based in Leeds (10/10/19) and checking daily, but fully aware that the waiting game is definitely on.

Lee0901

How did you guys get on? Did any of you progress? I've just applied for the trainee driver role based in Leeds (10/10/19) and checking daily, but fully aware that the waiting game is definitely on.
I'm 3 weeks into the training. Be prepared for a long wait. I applied in December and started the end of September. Also communication with hr isn't great so most of the time you don't know what's going on. However it's worth the wait.

skip1690

I'm 3 weeks into the training. Be prepared for a long wait. I applied in December and started the end of September. Also communication with hr isn't great so most of the time you don't know what's going on. However it's worth the wait.

Fantastic news, hope you're enjoying it. I've got a mate who is coming towards the end of the first part of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.