• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

northern rail tvm (ilkley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
Hello,

Question relates to the cash & card tvm at Ilkley.

From most west yorkshire stations, there are fares to Douglas IOM: £67 single, £90 low saver return, and £65 economy return.

Anyone care to suggest why only the single appears on Ilkley's TVM?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I'm surprised any tickets to IoM are available on TVMs as I thought you had to have reservations for the ferry. In any case I'm pretty sure FasTis won't issue returns to IoM either currently so it's probably a bigger issue.

34D

Established Member
I'm surprised any tickets to IoM are available on TVMs as I thought you had to have reservations for the ferry. In any case I'm pretty sure FasTis won't issue returns to IoM either currently so it's probably a bigger issue.

Oh. I am due to make this journey in next few weeks, my thread http://railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1157869 and assumed just turn up at a station with my £65. Is that wrong?

lyndhurst25

Established Member
I was under the impression that IoM tickets were still turn up and go, with no ship reservations required, however things may have changed. Now that access to "The Manual" is restricted to rail employees only it is difficult to find out the exact terms and conditions of these train+ship tickets, which are often poorly advertised. Perhaps someone on the forum with Manual access could look this up for 34D? I'd like to know too. Thanks.

OwlMan

Established Member
details from the Manual attached

The Manual
Fare Validities

Economy Return (ECR)

Valid on all days except all Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between June and September inclusive.
Low Saver (LSR)

Valid on all days.
Passengers travelling outward and return in different periods to be charged the HIGHER price.
Period of Validity of Tickets

An SOS Single ticket is valid for travel on the date shown on the ticket providing appropriate reservations are also held.
An ECR Return ticket is valid for outward and return travel on the date shown on the ticket and on any other day within one month providing appropriate reservations are also held...............

Reservations

Reservations are compulsory on all sailings. Those customers without Boat/Seacat reservations may not be able to travel.

pemma

Veteran Member
Question relates to the cash & card tvm at Ilkley.

From most west yorkshire stations, there are fares to Douglas IOM: £67 single, £90 low saver return, and £65 economy return.

Are you referring to a TVM at other stations or the ticket office at other stations?

Northern's TVMs are well known for not offering less common types of tickets. Even though one of the less common types is an evening return that's only available in a couple of areas within the Northern franchise area.

Status
Not open for further replies.