• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern- Season Ticket Compensation-May2018 timetable change fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran1990

Hi there
Not sure if anyone could help. Have taken Northern up on there compensation offer for the fiasco following the May timetable change.
I fall under the 2nd scheme as I travel to Leeds to Manchester via any permitted and purchased from Northern at Leeds. I have a 12 month annual. Think I’m entitled to up to a weeks travel refunded
I filled in well over a week ago- just wondering if any members knew how long till I hear something/ anyone else applied??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hi there
Not sure if anyone could help. Have taken Northern up on there compensation offer for the fiasco following the May timetable change.
I fall under the 2nd scheme as I travel to Leeds to Manchester via any permitted and purchased from Northern at Leeds. I have a 12 month annual. Think I’m entitled to up to a weeks travel refunded
I filled in well over a week ago- just wondering if any members knew how long till I hear something/ anyone else applied??
Knowing Northern's usual speed for processing compensation claims, you can probably expect to wait at least a month, if not two or more.

janb

The official word is 20 days although we will have to see in practice.

To be fair Northern have been much quicker with conventional delay repay claims of late, I submitted a claim 9th July and got an email response yesterday 19th July saying yes its been authorised and they would be sending free tickets in the post (there is usually a bit of a lag between the email response and then receiving letter in post but much better than the 3 months or whatever it was taking in the dark days).

Kieran1990

The official word is 20 days although we will have to see in practice.

To be fair Northern have been much quicker with conventional delay repay claims of late, I submitted a claim 9th July and got an email response yesterday 19th July saying yes its been authorised and they would be sending free tickets in the post (there is usually a bit of a lag between the email response and then receiving letter in post but much better than the 3 months or whatever it was taking in the dark days).

Ah well that is rather comforting to hear, I hope to hear something this week then as it’ll be about 2 weeks since I submitted my claim. Hope they don’t turn round and go- oh you need to claim with TPE

janb

Update. I submitted my claim 12th July. Received response 1st August. But they have compensated me at the incorrect level, Level 2 when I was travelling on a Level 1 route.

Status
Not open for further replies.