• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern service to Inverness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Saw this at Sheffield last night- http://www.ajp.fotopic.net/p38181737.html

Inverness via Kirkcaldy ! :lol:

can just imagine- 'welcome aboard the 20:04 northern service to Inverness calling at Meadowhall,Rotherham,swinton mexborough,Conisburgh, Doncaster etc etc :lol: thank god that dont really excist!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
158's are brilliant, you can put any of the contrys destinations on any 158 within reason, fantastic IMO!

Jim

Established Member
By the looks of your photos, Justin, the 158's have the same kit as the 321's, but are the codes the same?

Established Member
The 450s are good for putting things up!

Ive seent hem with Marvellous on the side, one saying sailsbury on a down basing stopper! umm nermous other things!

T

Tom

I've seen one say Timbuktu on a Portsmouth Harbour service. :lol:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When I was on work experience, I set the destination display of a (refurbd) 165 to "Merry Xmas."

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some of the 158s have some very exotic locations in there, which were put in for the launch of Manchester Airport. Can't remember exactly which ones though.

AlexS

Established Member
Mafia on Tour is probably the best on a 350 at Wolves when they were doing driver training on them.

Since quite a few 170s are either knackered, or have lazy traincrew, Class 170 Turbostar seems to be quite a popular destination :)

Julian G

Established Member
or a 450 saying RAMMSTEIN, there is a pic somewhere in Jamster's fotopic site

Jordy

Established Member
I've been on a Sheffield Tram before and the 'next stop' boards inside randomly displayed (In Summer) 'Merry Christmas' and then 'And a happy new year' :lol:

Jordy

westcoaster

Established Member
thw 321 destination blinds are old the last time they were update was march 1992, and some still have the original plastic number card's in them, the pictures of mine were taken off 321409? after it came back from northern and they put the old regional railways codes in, so that is probley the same as a 158.

metrocammel

Saw this at Sheffield last night- http://www.ajp.fotopic.net/p38181737.html

Inverness via Kirkcaldy ! :lol:

can just imagine- 'welcome aboard the 20:04 northern service to Inverness calling at Meadowhall,Rotherham,swinton mexborough,Conisburgh, Doncaster etc etc :lol: thank god that dont really excist!!

Is a Northern pass valid on that to Inverness??? :lol:

158's are brilliant, you can put any of the contrys destinations on any 158 within reason, fantastic IMO!

Ive seen "Mystery Excursion" on a couple of 158's (at CT one on a TPE service at Sheffield, and a Northern (in fNW days) one at Blackpool North. The amount of 350's Ive seen with random destinations is ridiculous! Like "Bring back the Ashes", "Mafia on Tour" (as mentioned before) "Road to Knowhere", and even one with a Deltic name & number on once!!!
I also had a 185 the other day on the 0848 SYB-MAN (then to Liverpool), which said it was going to the "DEPOT"......

Coxster

Established Member
In August last year I saw a Voyager at Plymouth with "The Sidings" on the front.

Jordy

Established Member
:lol:

I was on a 185 today, from Grimsby to Cleethorpes with the destination of 'Sugar Loaf'

Jordy

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I went on a mystery tour once, but on a coach rather than a train. There were 29 of us, plus the driver. Before we set off the driver asked us all if we were willing to have a bet - whoever guesed closest where we were going to would win the £30. I nearly got it, but the driver just beat me ;)

DJC_158

saw a 450 at clapham junction which stopped there, and was in service but had on the side destination board "Not in use"

Status
Not open for further replies.