• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Station Improvements & New Ticket Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfan

And looking fairly completed.
Presumably this is to allow 4x23m services to stop at stations on the line?
Given double 150s already fit and are already used, is there a plan for 4-carriage 156s or even 158s at any point?
I'm sure that 158s were once mooted for the line, because of their faster top speed to take advantage of the higher speeds between Bolton and Manchester. But I don't know if that is still the case

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

james2trains

It has been posted in the TransPennine Upgrade thread that platform 2 at Huddersfield has been extended over Christmas.

Does anyone have any photos of this?

Chrisyd

Just to confirm that the platform extensions at Hall i'th' Wood are now complete, still no sign of PIS or ticket machines. Which considering the next station along the line Bromley Cross has had both for a while and the latest usage reports, put Hall i'th' Wood at 177,182 entries and exits, against 24,380 Moses Gate / 46,380 Farnworth / 40,152 Kearsley all of which have both seems to be quite the omission!

johntea

Established Member
The work at Castleford has started much to the joy of the car park users, so far they've decided to move the waiting shelter (although I can't quite work out if it is actually a different waiting shelter to the one that was there before!) and the TVM

jb108822

Congleton's passenger information display screens are now displaying 'Welcome to Congleton Station' on both platforms. Don't think they've been in for much more than a year and they're already next to useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.