• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosch91

After 2 months of silence I have been told I have passed assessment and interviews for a train maintenance role I applied for in the summer of last year and placed into a talent pool.

I have no further information regarding what this means other than the above, before I contact HR to clarify has anyone else been placed into a talent pool for northern?

my main question would be does this expire after a set period of time and is this a step in the right direction or should I just expect to be forgotten about.

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kadot

After 2 months of silence I have been told I have passed assessment and interviews for a train maintenance role I applied for in the summer of last year and placed into a talent pool.

I have no further information regarding what this means other than the above, before I contact HR to clarify has anyone else been placed into a talent pool for northern?

my main question would be does this expire after a set period of time and is this a step in the right direction or should I just expect to be forgotten about.

many thanks

I'm in a talent pool for a Conductor position. Application expires 9 months from the date of interview, as said by HR.

Bosch91

I'm in a talent pool for a Conductor position. Application expires 9 months from the date of interview, as said by HR.
Thanks for the reply, guess it’s better than nothing, but taking into consideration I waited around 5 years for a position to be advertised I think I’m being optimistic thinking going to be offered one within the next 3 months

CreamNCookies

All i'll say is that i'm in the talent pool for NCL condutor. And my application is close to expiring...

rhys37429

i was in a talent pool for a conductors job for 9 months, and roughly the same when i applied for a drivers job. its just a waiting game. try not to overthink it when your in a talent pool, just contact HR from time to time and ask for a update. once a month, or once every two months.

ToonSupa123

All i'll say is that i'm in the talent pool for NCL condutor. And my application is close to expiring...
I really don’t understand these talent pools. I had an interview for the conductor role last week in Newcastle. Was told there are positions available for immediate start, but around 11 in total from now to October. Why aren’t candidates being taken from the pools for these roles first?

Bosch91

Does seem odd how these things work, with the short amount of time between now and 9 months application I feel it’s safe to say nothing will come of it.

CreamNCookies

I remember my email from HR saying that my expiry date is 9 months from the date of interview.

Bosch91

I remember my email from HR saying that my expiry date is 9 months from the date of interview.
That isn’t too bad, atleast gives some hope. I thought it abit pointless giving you 9 months from date of application when it can take upto that to even get an interview.

CreamNCookies

I've learnt not to put your eggs in one basket. Do not be put off applying for other TOCS in the meantime thinking it is pointless as you'll be getting a call to start training.

Bosch91

I've learnt not to put your eggs in one basket. Do not be put off applying for other TOCS in the meantime thinking it is pointless as you'll be getting a call to start training.
The jobs I’m interested in I’m fairly restricted to TOC without relocating which I’m not really prepared to do. The only other being arriva traincare who I’d imagine I’d be in the same boat with should a vacancy come up there.

Whitey

yea I had an interview last week in Newcastle as well for a vacancy in Middlesbrough, got the email today saying I reached the standard required and would be held in talent pool, suppose its just a waiting game, but the strange thing was they interviewed last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday then on Friday the job for a conductor in Middlesbrough was advertised again on Indeed and the Northern facebook page.

Bosch91

yea I had an interview last week in Newcastle as well for a vacancy in Middlesbrough, got the email today saying I reached the standard required and would be held in talent pool, suppose its just a waiting game, but the strange thing was they interviewed last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday then on Friday the job for a conductor in Middlesbrough was advertised again on Indeed and the Northern facebook page.
Interesting my wait was so long, from the experiences people have shared here the moment between interview and outcome seem fairly quick.

ToonSupa123

It’s a strange one, are they maybe filling a pool? Expecting positions to be coming up soon? At the interview on the Wednesday our little group were told by the TCM from Newcastle that there would be 11 positions coming up between March and October.

Whitey

Yea I was told by the chap who was the area manager for Northern that Middlesbrough would be needing in the region of 15 new conductors between now and November due to some becoming drivers and quite a few coming up for retirement guess its a sit and wait job, do you have a phone number for HR all I have is an email.

ToonSupa123

Yea I was told by the chap who was the area manager for Northern that Middlesbrough would be needing in the region of 15 new conductors between now and November due to some becoming drivers and quite a few coming up for retirement guess its a sit and wait job, do you have a phone number for HR all I have is an email.
No, just the email the same as you mate.

Whitey

Hi I just spoke to the HR department, yes I have apparently as good as got the job they are just waiting to find out about training courses and when the vacancies will appear, as for advertising again straight after the interviews they said that was for projected vacancies early 2021. I have applied again lol just in case the first job doesn't materialise before this 9mth window closes.
Are you Middlesbrough or are you for the Newcastle vacancies (that was probably a daft question ).

ToonSupa123

Hi I just spoke to the HR department, yes I have apparently as good as got the job they are just waiting to find out about training courses and when the vacancies will appear, as for advertising again straight after the interviews they said that was for projected vacancies early 2021. I have applied again lol just in case the first job doesn't materialise before this 9mth window closes.
Are you Middlesbrough or are you for the Newcastle vacancies (that was probably a daft question ).
Oh well that seems positive hopefully the same applies to the rest of us who passed the interview and group assessment. I applied for the positions at Newcastle. I’ve got my fingers crossed for us both!

ToonSupa123

Just seen on the news that northern will be put into public ownership from the 1st of March. Wonder how that’s going to affect those of us in the pool? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.