• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern timetable plan for May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincman

I have to disagree that this has nothing to do with the unions, I agree that new employees may not have union membership but if you imagine for one moment that unions will standby whilst conditions are eroded by stealth I think you are sadly mistaken.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Apologies, I'm sure this has been answered umpteen times over the years but:
are the relevant crews not required to work any Sundays at all?
I ask, because as a lowly BR Clerical Officer a long time ago my Sundays were rostered not voluntary but outside the normal working week and paid accordingly.

nedchester

Established Member
I have to disagree that this has nothing to do with the unions, I agree that new employees may not have union membership but if you imagine for one moment that unions will standby whilst conditions are eroded by stealth I think you are sadly mistaken.

They may have something to say about it but legally can do nothing for new employees.

Voluntary Sunday’s hark back to a time when the service on Sunday was poor and infrequent. Times move on and TOCs want/need to meet with the demand for more frequent services on a Sunday matching, in some cases, weekday levels. You cannot reply on a volunteer workforce for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.