• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern To Bring Back Locos & FGW To Bring Back Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I must say I do love the western engines lol, nice bit of fgw colour on them! You can't beat a good old hall in polished up gwr livery..... beast!

Established Member
Liam said:
And the Manor and Panniers :lol:

there prairies

and its a castle not a hall!!!!

*promtly runs away before getting things thrown at him for knowing to much about the GWR*

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It's a brace of Prairie Tanks, a Manor and a Castle, or so it appears to my eyes. It appears that both Prairie tanks are of different types too, I daresay one is a Largie Prairie 2-6-2, and one might be the 2-8-0 type, cant be too sure though.

Course, if it's a 2-8-0 it's not of the Prairie type, as 2-6-2's were always nicknamed Prairie, similar to 2-6-0's being Moguls.

devon_metro

Established Member
960012 said:
there prairies

and its a castle not a hall!!!!

*promtly runs away before getting things thrown at him for knowing to much about the GWR*

I always get confised with the praries. I'm fairly sure one of them is a castle though!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Give me a King anyday...

Those steam locos look disgusting in those colours, I want to be sick...Nothing better than GWR green on those beasts. I'd rather shoot the person who put those colours on those locos in that shot!

Northern 55 I can't say I like, but the Northern 86 isn't TOO bad. Both look horrible though compared to the original liveries on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.