• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Conductor application - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordie-bri

Evening all,

Need to ask a bit od advice from you guys today as I'm in a bit of a fix!

There's a new vacancy for a Trainee Conductor at Man Picc thats come up with Northern today. I applied 6 months ago for the same position, paased the English and Maths and sat the Saville test (was that the psychometric test?). Once I sat the Saville I got an interview for Train Driver and the other vacancy turned to 'Vacancy Withdrawn'.

Safe to say I didn't get the Train Driver gig (safe to say I well and truly buggered up the interview!), but because the Conductor job was withdrawn I don't know if I passed or failed the Saville test.

Now, fast forward to today and I've started the application form for the Trainee Conductor job. There's a box at the bottom asking about if I've passed or failed the psychometric tests. Based on that I don't know if ive passed or failed do I:

- try to contact Northern HR (tried a few times to the general customer service number with no sucess, so if anyone has an email or phone number for them I'll be eternally grateful), or
- fill in the application, saying i did the test but don't know if i passed due to it being withdrawn and give them the vacancy reference.

Any help would be massively appriciated.

Cheers,

B

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Option 1 would do fine providing someone can provide the number, if not option 2 should also be ok as Northern will hold the record.

Churchill012

Same vacancy, different query. I know there has been discussion on the forum previously about Type 1 diabetes and roles as a conductor but I have never seen a set in stone answer. I have contacted HR previously to be told that they do not know and I would find out should I get to the medical. My question is....are there any current conductors on the forum who are insulin dependant or know of any conductors who are? Thanks.

Established Member
Saville tests have gone, new franchise 01 Apr 16 changed Conductor and frontline tests to 2xSHL (CEB) tests, more relative to the job - skills noted are

1) Numeric Reasoning Test - reading a statistical graph and determining which statements are correct (ABCD answers)

and
2) Comprehension (reading a text paragraph and determining which statements are correct. (ABCD answers)

cin88

Oh crap I accidentally said no to that question even though I clearly passed last time as they sent me for a recruitment day.

Status
Not open for further replies.