• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Driver. Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

feaky4

I have asked for feedback yeah but nothing yet. The girl at HR was sorting it for me. My situations aren’t that great I’m a plumber. Yeah Iv got health and safety certicates and drive long distances up and down the country. It’s hard industry to get just got to keep your chin up keep trying. I have a friend at Hull who is a train driver also. The last interview was tough

Ah, I know they are slow but do usually get it done. plumbers pretty good job, yeah it's really hard tbh I dunno where I'm going wrong if it's my cv or cover letter or both, is your cover letter long or is it strait to the point, wish I new a driver I feel it could help. Its crap but at least you have the feel for it just try to remember what was asked and how you reacted and if you think you can do better

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

toddy109

I know I can do better but it’s just on the day I guess. Some of the wording to the questions are poor, hard to describe. My cover letter is straight to the point really. Hard worker, concentration H&S etc following rules procedures. Plumbing has given me a good 20 years but it won’t give me security, pension, better health and lifestyle like a driver will for the rest of my working life. I wished I had done it years ago it really is a fantastic career. Keep going u will get there.

feaky4

I know I can do better but it’s just on the day I guess. Some of the wording to the questions are poor, hard to describe. My cover letter is straight to the point really. Hard worker, concentration H&S etc following rules procedures. Plumbing has given me a good 20 years but it won’t give me security, pension, better health and lifestyle like a driver will for the rest of my working life. I wished I had done it years ago it really is a fantastic career. Keep going u will get there.

I'm good and confident with interviews and I'm even confident with the pyscometrics, if your unsure of the question always ask them to repeat or maybe expand I dont think youd get marked down on that, I started with pretty strait forward ones then I switched to more in depth I.e I'd explain why I had a certain skill like instead of saying I can follow rules I'd say in a pharmacy theres a lot of rules and regulations and mention the controlled drug act and be really in depth but maybe it's to much. That's the problem is the job security and benefits and it's amazing to, I think I'll look at my cv and that and try one last time only problem is maybe next year a jobless come up

toddy109

I'm good and confident with interviews and I'm even confident with the pyscometrics, if your unsure of the question always ask them to repeat or maybe expand I dont think youd get marked down on that, I started with pretty strait forward ones then I switched to more in depth I.e I'd explain why I had a certain skill like instead of saying I can follow rules I'd say in a pharmacy theres a lot of rules and regulations and mention the controlled drug act and be really in depth but maybe it's to much. That's the problem is the job security and benefits and it's amazing to, I think I'll look at my cv and that and try one last time only problem is maybe next year a jobless come up
They normally always come up every six months depends which TOC and what station needs people

feaky4

They normally always come up every six months depends which TOC and what station needs people

Fingers crossed then I know there was 2 close together last year then there was one I applied for York and then hull came up about month after that failed at sift for both but I'm gona put all my effort into this last one the that's it

toddy109

Fingers crossed then I know there was 2 close together last year then there was one I applied for York and then hull came up about month after that failed at sift for both but I'm gona put all my effort into this last one the that's it
Got to keep going if that’s what u want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.