• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Driver - Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Machinist

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum so be gentle :D.

I have recently been for the DTM interview and attended assessment of which both were a success.

Next I'm awaiting a contract of employment subject to medical. As I'm so excited about joining the iron road, I have been for a eye test and unfortunately I now need glasses. I was told that I've got minor shirt sight of which I've been prescribed some glasses. I was obviously worried about the implications with the role however the examiner said I should only need this to improve clarity whilst driving and added that in-corrected I'm above the road legal limit.

Reading the RSSB documents and this forum I 'think' I'm ok but wouldn't mind a bit some second confirmation.

Just to add, BMI is ok, no colour blindness, OK blood pressure and live a relatively healthy lifestyle.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well done and congratulations!! No need to worry about eye sight, just make sure you have a spare pair of glasses as it is a requirement for drivers to carry two pairs with them.

Nick82

When did you have your interview and then assessment, I'm in the same boat but for a different depot

The Machinist

Attended interview at the start of May and assessment at start June. Should I expect to be in for a longish wait before the medical?

There was two other guys at my assessment day. A policemen and a plumber who had been made redundant.

The policemen failed before the computer part but the other guy lasted to the MMI. He left around 30 mins before me so never found out if he passed. Sure he said Sheffield?

RBSN

I was nervous about the medical but it's honestly very simple and easy - nothing to worry a lit unless you're the walking dead!

Shrimper

Attended interview at the start of May and assessment at start June. Should I expect to be in for a longish wait before the medical??

Interview end of April, Assessment toward the end of May and in the same boat. A colleague did their assessments about 10 days before me and is on the July course.

I've also been told by someone else in the process (so can't state categorically) that they call people for courses in the order they pass assessment. So hopefully not too much longer to wait!

The Machinist

Received my medical phone call and email to organise my medical for next Tuesday and start date the following week.

Very excited

EXCH

Attended interview at the start of May and assessment at start June. Should I expect to be in for a longish wait before the medical?

There was two other guys at my assessment day. A policemen and a plumber who had been made redundant.

The policemen failed before the computer part but the other guy lasted to the MMI. He left around 30 mins before me so never found out if he passed. Sure he said Sheffield?

The ex plumber was me. I asked my interviewer to let you know how I did. I passed. Just got a status of 'on hold' awaiting date for medical and start date. All this waiting is making me nervous.

The Machinist

The ex plumber was me. I asked my interviewer to let you know how I did. I passed. Just got a status of 'on hold' awaiting date for medical and start date. All this waiting is making me nervous.

Well done mate - sure your date will come!

My medical is tomorrow and my start date is the 11th. Really excited to start training.

Status
Not open for further replies.