• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Driver Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel Smooth

I have an Interview coming up at Northern for a Trainee Driver. I was wondering what questions that might pop up on this interview? I have a few examples already.
Dealing with an emergency
Lone working
Dealing with difficult customer
Concentrating for long hours
Teamwork
In charge of safety of others

Can anyone help out on what else might be asked?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Topcat999

Why do you want to become a train driver......don't say for the money.

The tests take care of all the rest....concentration, learning, etc...They want to know why you applied for it and do you have enough common sense to at least try for the tests.

Just because you worked alone, needed to learn focus, etc....doesn't mean you were any good at it. That can be learnt if you have enough common sense and emotionally intelligence. (many do not)

toddy109

Got my DMI a week on tuesday, any information would be fantastic please people?

Norm88

Nowt will really trip you up, if you prepare well.

Teamwork
Using your intiative
Problem you had
Customer service

Think I fluffed a couple, but hey ho

Good luck Mel!! How long until you find out? Was there much asked about the company itself? I've heard conflicting rep[orts, some say it's a big part of the interview, others say not.

Mel Smooth

Good luck Mel!! How long until you find out? Was there much asked about the company itself? I've heard conflicting rep[orts, some say it's a big part of the interview, others say not.
Got confirmation today I passed it! They will ask what you know about company! If you can DM me I’ll give you some great advice

steve1981

Make sure to answer using the star structure at all times
S- situation, brief description
T- task, what was needed to be done
A- action, what you did
R- result, the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.