• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Drivers - Newcastle & Darlington (25/03/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A460009

Any further developments for those who were still waiting to hear about sifting?

leeohp

Hi Lee

Sorry about the late reply on this.

First of all, massive congratulations on passing. I received an email yesterday from HR asking to me to attend a medical in a fortnight. They haven’t given me a start date, but I assume they have one in mind, should I pass my medical.

If you want to know anything else, then just drop me a private message on here.

Congratulations again.

Michael
Thanks. Good luck for that hopefully it should be plain sailing!

Touch wood some more courses materialise in the near future.

Lioness

Hello guys, first time poster.

I applied for this position at Darlington and have all but given up hope reading the posts above regarding those that applied for Newcastle and had interviews/tests etc yet I’m still receiving “please be patient” emails. I’ve had about three now, anyone else in the same boat?

A460009

I applied for Darlington also and sounds like we are in a similar position, still showing as ‘under consideration’

Lioness

Hi all,

As a relatively new member can I ask those with more experience of applying for roles, how long it has taken to hear back from your application? Having read various threads it seems to vary quite allot.

I’m in a position where I applied for a trainee driver role at Darlington at the end of March, and although I’ve had a couple of “please bear with us” updates, I’ve heard nothing since June. Is it normal for companies not to inform you if you’ve been unsuccessful?

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all,

As a relatively new member can I ask those with more experience of applying for roles, how long it has taken to hear back from your application? Having read various threads it seems to vary quite allot.

I’m in a position where I applied for a trainee driver role at Darlington at the end of March, and although I’ve had a couple of “please bear with us” updates, I’ve heard nothing since June. Is it normal for companies not to inform you if you’ve been unsuccessful?
Companies will usually tell you if you’ve not been successful, however it’s almost impossible to say how long this will take as there really doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it.

Bosch91

Quick question for anyone who has had contact with northern since interview.
I had a missed call from HR today and was unable to get back in touch.
Anyone able to shed any light on weather this is good or bad news.

Dre

based on past experience phonecall is good news... bad news normally goes with an email... however every TOC is different.

JP007

Not sure which role you're in for but the driver role has been readvertised for Newcastle. Not sure if the two are connected.

Last edited:

notadriver

Established Member
Hi all,

hi I think things are just a bit slow and patience is needed. My application took 10 months. By the time it came round I had another job offer.

mechanic2

Just out of curiosity and a lack of experience with this job role - is a TOC has a current pool of driver applicants, what reason would there be for a advertisement of the role?

Driver068

One reason i can think off is this latest round of recruitment is focused on the Northumberland Line (Formally Blyth and Tyne). Where the last vacancies were for retiring driver, links and ageing Depot at both Newcastle and Darlington

mechanic2

Makes sense yeah, just wondering when they have the training planned in for then. Shall wait and see I guess

Driver068

Your guess is good as mine lol but id imagine maybe Feb/March considering driver training time lines

Just out of curiosity and a lack of experience with this job role - is a TOC has a current pool of driver applicants, what reason would there be for a advertisement of the role?
Hit the nail on the head there:D welcome to railway recruitment

chaser

Anyone inside Northern know whether or not any vacancies are up for grabs for Darlington or Newcastle in the coming months?

Mikecas

I also applied back in March time for darlington, however not heard anything since June time stating please bare with us, hopefully hear back soon either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.