• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Drivers - Newcastle & Darlington (25/03/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1985

Hi Michael1985:I am new to the group and have just seen you have had an interview for northern on the 4th May, can i ask have you had any reply back as of yet with the outcome of the interview.
Many Thanks
Hi

Apologies about the delay in replying, I’ve only just seen this.

I sat my interview on May 4th and found out on the 16th May that I’d been successful, so now just waiting on the date for the psychometric. As has been previously mentioned, this has to take place within 3 weeks.

I’m on annual leave for the next two weeks, so I emailed HR this morning for clarification on the dates. I had a reply stating that the psychometrics will be taking place w/c 7th June, but no specific date or location as of yet.

Michael

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

That's actually good to hear, hopefully after the tests we may hear more about going forward!

Good luck with the tests Michael (when they eventually come about).

Michael1985

Ah well ... defo not sifted in order then. I applied a whole week before you .
I applied for Hull back in January. That’s why I originally commented on this post, as to give some insight into timeline for the process.

It seems like Newcastle and Darlington are moving quicker than Hull did in terms of turnaround time.

Sb80

Wow that’s crazy. I guess my waiting over a month is nothing compared to you. Hope you hear back soon. I’ve just tried to log in and there’s a new t&c’s page that needs completing .... but after I accept it it crashes the we site so now I can’t see my application

Michael1985

Wow that’s crazy. I guess my waiting over a month is nothing compared to you. Hope you hear back soon. I’ve just tried to log in and there’s a new t&c’s page that needs completing .... but after I accept it it crashes the we site so now I can’t see my application
I’ve heard back, had the interview and now just waiting for a date for the psychometric

icz131

According to my Northern account, I am still under consideration but last time I applied I was under consideration for 5 months before being told the position had been filled.

DriverEight

According to my Northern account, I am still under consideration but last time I applied I was under consideration for 5 months before being told the position had been filled.
It could be that they've already selected all the candidates they want and are moving forward with the recruitment process, but will keep the other applications in limbo just in case a high proportion of selected ones fail or drop out.

Daggers84

Did anyone else get a second email today to say their application is being screened? I received one on Friday also.

newcastleboy

Wondering if anyone can help, I have received an interview invitation for the Maintenance Depot Driver at Heaton, does anyone know what sort of questions will be asked during the interview? Any help is much appreciated

icz131

Wondering if anyone can help, I have received an interview invitation for the Maintenance Depot Driver at Heaton, does anyone know what sort of questions will be asked during the interview? Any help is much appreciated
Great news! I got the same email as everyone else on the 28th for the Trainee Driver. Has anyone heard anything from this yet?

Last edited:

Sb80

I’ve just had another ‘bear with us email’ worded differently. While there’s still no movement, it is rather nice to be kept updated

JP007

Pyschometrics for a few this week. Guessing the outcome of those will potentially lead to further interviews.

Michael1985

Hi guys

Had my psychometrics on Tuesday and absolutely buzzing to say that I passed and that I am now in the talent pool awaiting a start date.

Although I applied for Hull, the other three candidates on Tuesday were for Newcastle and were all internal, as was I.

Having spoken to the guys from OPC, I believe that they were testing all day yesterday and today too.

CreamNCookies

Congratulations!

Mad hearing that all the tests were done in one day, mine were spread over two.

How did you find them all? Boy that MMI was something else eh?

Michael1985

Who did you do your tests with?

I only had one test to do (2 hand coordination), and then the MMI. I’ve read some horror stories about the MMI, but I actually found it quite enjoyable, the person interviewing me was really nice too.

CreamNCookies

Mine was with the OPC for a different toc just before lockdown 1.0.

My MMI interviewer was very (in the politest way) awkward. But before and after the interview was she was a whole different person. So i'm putting it down as that being part of the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.