• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Train Driver Recruitment On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

delticdeano74

Brilliant, sounds great mate - I am a month behind you, applied in March and had interview at beginning of June. Best of luck with it.

Yeah it shouldn't be long then until you get the assessment date. Same to you mate, hope it all goes well. I'll keep you posted. Good luck
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yeah it shouldn't be long then until you get the assessment date. Same to you mate, hope it all goes well. I'll keep you posted. Good luck

Well I've passed!! 2 years and four failed attempts later ive finally done it. So happy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Well I've passed!! 2 years and four failed attempts later ive finally done it. So happy.

Congratulations!

posh

Absolute fantastic news mate! Have you done the full day assessments - both paper tests and computer tests today already? Did they mention any medical or start dates to you when giving you the news. Well done again.

delticdeano74

Congratulations!

Thanks pal
Absolute fantastic news mate! Have you done the full day assessments - both paper tests and computer tests today already? Did they mention any medical or start dates to you when giving you the news. Well done again.

Thanks mate! I already had passed stage one assessments(paper) so only had computer ones and MMI to do, which took roughly three hours, there was another lad with me and he hadn't done any previous assessments so he did the full day. No dates for medical/start date were given, but tbh I honestly don't mind if it takes one month or one year, I'm just happy in the knowledge that I have passed and will be starting training at some point!
Mega well fella!

It's very hard to pass and I bet your buzzing and in cloud 9!

Thanks mate, yeah I really am buzzing! Couple of years hard work and persistence has paid off.

posh

Thanks pal

Thanks mate! I already had passed stage one assessments(paper) so only had computer ones and MMI to do, which took roughly three hours, there was another lad with me and he hadn't done any previous assessments so he did the full day. No dates for medical/start date were given, but tbh I honestly don't mind if it takes one month or one year, I'm just happy in the knowledge that I have passed and will be starting training at some point!

I really am following in your footsteps then! I have my assessment confirmation for August. I did stage 1 with FTPE and passed all to enhanced except group bourden which I passed to national. I'm not sure whether this means I can do just the computer tests or the full day in August. Not sure if northern need enhanced group bourden or not? Well done again mate, keep me informed of your progress

delticdeano74

Thanks pal

I really am following in your footsteps then! I have my assessment confirmation for August. I did stage 1 with FTPE and passed all to enhanced except group bourden which I passed to national. I'm not sure whether this means I can do just the computer tests or the full day in August. Not sure if northern need enhanced group bourden or not? Well done again mate, keep me informed of your progress

Bloody hell!!! That's practically the carbon copy of my journey, only difference is, it was TEAaC (part 2) that I only got national pass on, rest was enhanced, again for FTPE. Suppose your gunna tell me now it was in December 2015 at York?

posh

Bloody hell!!! That's practically the carbon copy of my journey, only difference is, it was TEAaC (part 2) that I only got national pass on, rest was enhanced, again for FTPE. Suppose your gunna tell me now it was in December 2015 at York?

Ha ha correct, cant remember the exact date/day in December though!!! Did Northern recruitment look into your passes from December and get back to you, or did you contact the assessment company direct? At the minute I have just e-mailed recruitment at Northern and awaiting confirmation whether I will have to do the full day, or half like you.

delticdeano74

Ha ha correct, cant remember the exact date/day in December though!!! Did Northern recruitment look into your passes from December and get back to you, or did you contact the assessment company direct? At the minute I have just e-mailed recruitment at Northern and awaiting confirmation whether I will have to do the full day, or half like you.
Haha thought so. I didn't say anything about the assessments apart from on the initial application form, and when I got to the assessments, I said that I'd taken the first stage and he said he had already seen that I had, the results are on the OPC database, so you will no doubt only be doing the computer testing on the day, which is indeed only around three hours.
I couldn't tell you for sure if your GB will be a valid pass with Arriva Northern, but my TEAaC was so maybe that's a good sign. Best of luck to you mate.

posh

Haha thought so. I didn't say anything about the assessments apart from on the initial application form, and when I got to the assessments, I said that I'd taken the first stage and he said he had already seen that I had, the results are on the OPC database, so you will no doubt only be doing the computer testing on the day, which is indeed only around three hours.
I couldn't tell you for sure if your GB will be a valid pass with Arriva Northern, but my TEAaC was so maybe that's a good sign. Best of luck to you mate.

Ha, I will keep my fingers crossed then. Hopefully I find out before so i can focus my preparation on the computer tests only. I will just be patient though and take it as it comes, if I have to do them all again, then its just something I have to do. I will keep you informed mate. Hopefully you will be on an August or September course.

Status
Not open for further replies.