• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern training Manchester 19/08/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

Hi is anyone else on the forum attending monday morning to begin their training? Cant wait to get started with it all.

I am still to receive my rail pass however, the most convenient train for me each morning is a tpe train which I dont think my pass would cover anyway. Would I be expected to stick to northern trains to get to training? Should I get the tpe one and expect a refund for this? Dont like ringing hr if i can get the answers needed on this fantastic forum.
Tia Paul.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernM

Hi is anyone else on the forum attending monday morning to begin their training? Cant wait to get started with it all.

I am still to receive my rail pass however, the most convenient train for me each morning is a tpe train which I dont think my pass would cover anyway. Would I be expected to stick to northern trains to get to training? Should I get the tpe one and expect a refund for this? Dont like ringing hr if i can get the answers needed on this fantastic forum.
Tia Paul.

Hi mate it's always best asking the guard can you jump on.. for the vast majority of the time they will be fine. Always best to do them the courtesy by asking rather than just jumping on though.

Congratulations and hope it all goes well for you.

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f

Tia Paul.
Hi Paul, with respect I do think you should ring HR instead of seeking answers on here. If you worked in any other industry would it be proper to take advice from an internet forum on internal matters related to your employment instead of going through proper internal channels? When Northern refuse to pay your ticket are you going to argue that in fact RailUK said it would be okay? The best thing to do is act like you are an employee now (because you are) and use the right communication channels.

What NorthernM says about asking the guard is however good advice, if you have proof of employment.

Aivilo

As I said. Keep tickets and reclaim from the school. Travel etiquette comes into play once you have your passes and uniform.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Paul

Good luck for Monday.

Is it the trainee conductor role you are starting?

C J

Paul 1980

Hi C J, it's a conductor role based at Blackpool north. I applied back in December last year and had an interview at the end of January so it's been a long process. Looking forward to being part of the railway family.

MickeyClass37

Hi Paul

As the song goes mate
" Don't worry, be happy "
Don't worry about stuff that will get sorted in training and be happy that you are one of the few who,have given the opportunity.
I did hear it's 1 job per 100+ applications. So it's an incredible achievement to get in pal.
Enjoy training ,see you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.