• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Harvey B

I know that there's currentley two 158s about that have Northern Connect standards (iron board seats) is there a plan to make all the 158s have NC standards (mainly the units that have already had their livery change into the new livery)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I know that there's currentley two 158s about that have Northern Connect standards (iron board seats) is there a plan to make all the 158s have NC standards (mainly the units that have already had their livery change into the new livery)

If I remember rightly, all of the 158s will be "Connect" standard, but the seat reservation system will only be fitted to Heaton's allocation.

Harvey B

If I remember rightly, all of the 158s will be "Connect" standard, but the seat reservation system will only be fitted to Heaton's allocation.
I wondered that. I guess the 158s that just have the new livery and PRM mods will be done last so the others can take priority

js1000

Anyone know if the 323s are getting refurbished/going for C6 exam? There were 4 of them at Longsight today on the way home today with one outside Alstom wheel lathe. The 195/331s coupler issues mean they will probably be well used for months, potentially to the end of the year.

Harvey B

Thats pretty quick. Seem to be getting there act together. I wonder which unit will be next to goto Holbeck.
K
I hope 333012 since theres a nice crusty deposit on one of the seats in one of the driving carriages that northern have never bothered to clean up (not been on recently I just know from @Whattraintoday)

Adam0984

Not much needs doing on them it’s just a new livery, and internal seats and flooring, they have WiFi already and the toilet is of new PRM standard already. Then they will have USB charging fitted at a later date.

Harvey B

Not much needs doing on them it’s just a new livery, and internal seats and flooring, they have WiFi already and the toilet is of new PRM standard already. Then they will have USB charging fitted at a later date.
Are you on about the 333s?

jonesy3001

Established Member

Harvey B

Probably an addition;
Thanks, thats what i'm thinking too. I also guess this '323s being in addition to the current 243 units being refurbished thing' will also depend on if any 319s go. excluding the 3 units in the thameslink livery (319372, 319373 and 319446).