• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Once they got there you wouldn’t! Not sure how long it will stay that “fresh” colour ;)

I don't know, they aren't really ideal other than their door arrangement for local services in Scotland, but if a 23m version with 2+2 existed then I think they would.

Seems a bit if a to do that Northern are getting so few 150s transferred. Obviously done units is better than no units, but it seems a pitiful amount really.

Roger B

At first I thought that your 'It has' related to wta978's thinking that it was coming back in all white so it could be split and inserted as centre cars. So I was surprised when I saw the photo IamTrainsYT posted yesterday, which clearly shows that is has at least one blue end, and on closer inspection, two.

And then the penny dropped (followed by a loud echo around the cavity between my ears) - your comment was in response to the question 'has it actually had the blue applied to each end?'.

If only everything was that simple!

M1544

Surely if 209 has not had a PRM toilet fitted when it went into the works then splitting the set is still likely on the cards at some stage?. It will be slightly annoying for planners to have to diagram it on a separate stand alone diagram always coupled to something else. They might consider splitting it once the 150/0s have arrived and are in service which would then give 4x 3 car units if 209 is split at a similar time.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Surely if 209 has not had a PRM toilet fitted when it went into the works then splitting the set is still likely on the cards at some stage?. It will be slightly annoying for planners to have to diagram it on a separate stand alone diagram always coupled to something else. They might consider splitting it once the 150/0s have arrived and are in service which would then give 4x 3 car units if 209 is split at a similar time.
Permanently couple it to another /2 with the toilet carriage of that unit on the inside?

IamTrainsYT

Or they just want to save money?

AMD

Or the current plan hasn't been finalised....
In light of the change of ownership the timetable plan and hence the fleet plan is currently being reviewed, so it's not been decided yet what will happen

Harvey B

Or the current plan hasn't been finalised....
In light of the change of ownership the timetable plan and hence the fleet plan is currently being reviewed, so it's not been decided yet what will happen
could this also be affected by the Coronavirus

Sounds like TrainFX has had a major hissy-fit after an update today.

110 Class 15x units declared as failures due to a TrainFX fault following an update.

_toommm_

Established Member
Sounds like TrainFX has had a major hissy-fit after an update today.

110 Class 15x units declared as failures due to a TrainFX fault following an update.

Has it disabled the units, or is it that they’re now not allowed to operate because of PRM?

Has it disabled the units, or is it that they’re now not allowed to operate because of PRM?
From what I gather an update was sent to the TrainFX server which crashed. When rebooted it sent a corrupt file to the units so subsequently when started up or TrainFX reset it stopped responding resulting in no PA, no Cab - Cab comms, no auto-announcements etc which then deemed the units unfit for service.

_toommm_

Established Member
From what I gather an update was sent to the TrainFX server which crashed. When rebooted it sent a corrupt file to the units so subsequently when started up or TrainFX reset it stopped responding resulting in no PA, no Cab - Cab comms, no auto-announcements etc which then deemed the units unfit for service.

Oopsie! Do you know/can you say whether this will affect services tomorrow please?

Oopsie! Do you know/can you say whether this will affect services tomorrow please?
Fitters are working hard to rectify the issue tonight.

185 units are supposed to be required for the current timetable.
Today we had 118 ready for service at the start of the day.
110 failed with TrainFX issues. A few others failed with other issues too.

_toommm_

Established Member
Fitters are working hard to rectify the issue tonight.

185 units are supposed to be required for the current timetable.
Today we had 118 ready for service at the start of the day.
110 failed with TrainFX issues. A few others failed with other issues too.

Well I wish you all a genuine good luck for tomorrow