• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4REP

Internal refurbishments they can have 2 there at a time
I assume its new seating and cloth and just removal of carpet as in the portebrook versions as these are angel ones there doing first?
Possible usb installation?

Adam0984

Itll be the same as the other 156s I'd be surprised if it included USB and Wifi installation seen as the 333s didnt get USBs and it's the same people doing it

simon7929

The Angel 156s have the old carpets and seat cloth in them. So I expect these will be replaced. The seat backs are heavily etched and scratched. They have painted the Porterbrook 156 seat bases. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and do the Angel ones?

What's happening to the 156s at Holbeck?
Is it full proper Northern refurbishment?

I think it's digital train mods and finishing of refurbishment, so USB port, passenger count equipment and CCTV fitment, replacement of carpet with Lino, and changing of seat covers to the new ones plus repaint of seat grabs and handlebars to yellow on the few where they are still lilac.

simon7929

I think at least one possibly (472) has Green seat grabs. most of them were done Yellow after internal repaint and PRM mods a few years ago.

Liverpool 507

150107 was back in service from refurbishment and CET tank fitting on the Cheshire Lines LIV-MCO stoppers today. Must say, the ex LM 150’s do look really smart after refurb!

superkev

Established Member
The Angel 156s have the old carpets and seat cloth in them. So I expect these will be replaced. The seat backs are heavily etched and scratched. They have painted the Porterbrook 156 seat bases. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and do the Angel ones?
I believe 156 438 and another are in the shed at Holbeck.
K

Adam0984

jonesy3001

Established Member
Possible 323 movements happening at the weekend.

superkev

Established Member
Some moves Newton Heath to from Crewe LNWR. Wolverton and Heaton this Sat.
K
As well as the Saturday only Newton heath booked moves mentioned above there are also ones too and from Wolverton and Allerton presumably 323s. See if any actually run.
K

jonesy3001

Established Member