• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D2007wsm

Established Member
surely that can not be true. will they just not work any 3 or 4 car diagrams?
They are 3 carriages. I travelled on them with GWR and the refurbishment done on them was very good. It’s just a shame the original seats were left in.

Established Member
Just to make readers of my blog aware, that due to the death of my father last week, there will be no update this month.

superkev

Established Member
Just to make readers of my blog aware, that due to the death of my father last week, there will be no update this month.
My sincere condolences at what is always a difficult time, much more so af the moment. Time will heal but slowly.
Kev

OTRail

Very sorry to hear, all the best for you and your family during this difficult time.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
My condolences to 507021 also. I think most of us will survive without an updated list for a few months given the pandemic all around us and peoples' immediate priorities.

superkev

Established Member
Looks like the final 333 fo be refurbed I'd on it's way back to Neville
Something booked the other way.
K

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I doubt anything will be done about the bolsters at Holbeck, particularly before 009 emerges from Derby. My understanding is that the detailed inspection/analysis on 009 will determine what remedial work is required on the rest of the fleet:- and perhaps more importantly how much it will cost.

skyhigh

Established Member
I suspect it's gone to Holbeck just to be stored out of the way while less units are required - a new PIS system was never on the plan for the refurb so I'd be very surprised if that's why it's gone back. At-seat power was planned, so fitment of that might be a possibility. I'm 99% sure Holbeck doesn't have the equipment for bogie bolster repairs.