• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernchris

Established Member
Seen 158843 this afternoon and it appears to have been renumbered 158884 although the carriage number remain the same. Is there a reason for this?

Also is 150134 still around, as I haven't seen this one in ages

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Seen 158843 this afternoon and it appears to have been renumbered 158884 although the carriage number remain the same. Is there a reason for this?

Where did you see 158884 ? Was it on SWT territory because that's where it belongs.

On Moderation

Are you sure you didn't see 15884 with the 3 missing off the end of the number?

dave87016

Established Member
According to the magic box (TOPS) 158884 has carriage numbers 52774 and 57774 and Northerns 158843 has the correct carriage numbers 52843 and 57843

158843 has been on the York - Blackpool diagrams for the past 2 days and I saw it myself at Blackburn and it definitely had the correct carriage numbers

150134 is still around

Last edited:

northernchris

Established Member
According to the magic box (TOPS) 158884 has carriage numbers 52774 and 57774 and Northerns 158843 has the correct carriage numbers 52843 and 57843

158843 has been on the York - Blackpool diagrams for the past 2 days and I saw it myself at Blackburn and it definitely had the correct carriage numbers

150134 is still around

Thanks, ironically I saw 150134 yesterday!

158843 does have the correct carriage numbers, that's how I realised which unit it was. Not sure if its both ends of the unit or not, but certainly one end has 158884

L+Y

While unidentified Northern units are being discussed...

Last night I stopped by at Colton Jct, and to my surprise, running soutbound out of York towards Church Fenton passed a class 156! Couldn't see any recording of the train on RTT (it passed Colton pretty much bang on 18.30) and with 156s quite unusual in Yorkshire nowadays, thought it was worth recording. Anybody know what the working might have been?

I'm almost certain it wasn't a set returning from refurb, given it was wearing standard Serco/Abellio Northern livery, albeit de-branded.

jshaw

Last night I stopped by at Colton Jct, and to my surprise, running soutbound out of York towards Church Fenton passed a class 156! Couldn't see any recording of the train on RTT (it passed Colton pretty much bang on 18.30) and with 156s quite unusual in Yorkshire nowadays, thought it was worth recording. Anybody know what the working might have been?

I'm almost certain it wasn't a set returning from refurb, given it was wearing standard Serco/Abellio Northern livery, albeit de-branded.

All I vcould see it could be was a York-Blackpool?

alexl92

Established Member
I'm almost certain it wasn't a set returning from refurb, given it was wearing standard Serco/Abellio Northern livery, albeit de-branded

Has the new Northern franchise livery been revealed yet?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

156s do occasionally get East of Huddersfield, but usually when transferring between Newton Heath and Heaton.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator

I saw this working at York. It passed through but did not stop at platform 5 so I'd be confident it was a stock working from Heaton. More of these take place than you might guess. They sometimes make an appearance sitting in the siding behind platform 2 at York too.

I also noticed it didn't appear to have an entry on OTT/RTT, at York it seemed to pick up an XC one(!)

Crossover

Established Member
150134 was seen on the back of a service through Blackburn tonight - can't remember which working it was on offhand though

Geeves

Established Member
Had a good look through trust 26/08/16 at 1830 is that right for a 156? It appears to be a ghost. No sign of it showing anywhere!

As for 150134 as far as I can tell you are out of luck for the rest of today. It did a few Bolton shuttles and went to Blackpool and then up to Newton Heath at 1508 and as far as I can tells its staying there till tomorrow now. Easy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.