• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Wakefield Westgate to Huddersfield Saturday allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class455

Established Member
I'm due to travel to Huddersfield tomorrow and travelling on Northern for the first time using their Wakefield Westgate to Huddersfield service both ways. I was wondering, what is generally the allocation for these services on a Saturday?

The service that I'm due to travel on both ways (2O72 and 2O83) is booked for a Pacer (according to Realtime Trains), but after seeing pictures, it looks like 150's generally do these services. I'm really hoping I don't have to suffer with a Pacer after everything that I've seen and heard about them and would much prefer a Class 150, especially since they are similar to a 455.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Loop & Link

I'm due to travel to Huddersfield tomorrow and travelling on Northern for the first time using their Wakefield Westgate to Huddersfield service both ways. I was wondering, what is generally the allocation for these services on a Saturday?

The service that I'm due to travel on both ways (2O72 and 2O83) is booked for a Pacer (according to Realtime Trains), but after seeing pictures, it looks like 150's generally do these services. I'm really hoping I don't have to suffer with a Pacer after everything that I've seen and heard about them and would much prefer a Class 150, especially since they are similar to a 455.

2O72 booked to be a Class 155. 2O83 booked to be a Class 150. Hope this helps.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

Just a reminder, RTT does NOT show what is booked so please don't rely on it. It shows you the timings used for the train and anything that can maintain those can actually be booked on it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
...The service that I'm due to travel on both ways (2O72 and 2O83) is booked for a Pacer (according to Realtime Trains)....
That's not the case. The open data used by sites such as Open Train Times, Realtimetimetrains etc merely shows timing loads.

The open data does not currently show the booked stock, however in the case of some train companies, the timing load can give a very good indication of what sort of stock is likely to be allocated, but that is certainly not the case here.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Weekdays the Huddersfield to Wakefield service is solid 2-car pacer territory, with the odd 150 on rare occasions. On Saturdays a 155 is regular, with 150s also more likely than during the working week.

Using anything bigger than a 150 is a slight risk, in the event of anything going bottom-over-bosom at HUD, due to the restricted length of Platform 5.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
When I've used it I've either ended up with a 142, 144 or a 150. All depends on Northerns random unit generator.

Crossover

Established Member
I think 153's can be on it too (I recall they were commonplace after it was split from the Selby/Leeds to Huddersfield via Bradford Grand Tour). Very occasionally the service ends up with a 158, too

So yes, take your pick from 142, 144, 150, 153, 155 or 158!

Class455

Established Member
Thanks all for your responses! Looking forward to using Northern for the first time and to see what I get tomorrow after my VTEC train from King's Cross. Just hoping my services are NOT Pacers. Would be interesting to try out a Class 153/155 considering as there are none down south, what are they like onboard? I'm hoping for a 150 though, as I've never had one and as I said in the original post, are most like the 455's.

Bovverboy

Established Member
I'm really hoping I don't have to suffer with a Pacer after everything that I've seen and heard about them and would much prefer a Class 150, especially since they are similar to a 455.

You really ought to try a Pacer, they're not nearly so bad as they're portrayed.

Crossover

Established Member
I'm sure you will be glad to know the two services you have mentioned aren't the same diagram. Had you been an hour earlier going back, however, you'd have likely had the same unit both ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.