• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northumberland line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joba

Not sure if this is the right sub forum to post in, please move it's in the wrong place.

Having just watched some of the YT series All the Stations. I wonder if it's possible to visit all stations between Newcastle and Chathill in a single day.

By visit I mean get off the train and have a walk around the surrounding area, then catch the next service. Morpeth to Chathill only gets 2 trains per day in each direction I think? Is it even possible?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
As the morning working outward doesn't stop at the smaller stations, you can only do Chathill plus one other on any day.
If you allowed yourself a bike or the X18 bus you could do Pegswood and Widdrington in an evening, but otherwise you would need three separate days.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
“ECML”? The “Northumberland line” usually gets used in publicity for the future reopening to Ashington, for some odd reason...

Joba

“ECML”? The “Northumberland line” usually gets used in publicity for the future reopening to Ashington, for some odd reason...
Sorry, yes I mean the ECML between Newcastle and Berwick which runs mostly through Northumberland.

xotGD

Established Member
Sorry, yes I mean the ECML between Newcastle and Berwick which runs mostly through Northumberland.
Entirely through Northumberland if you use 'proper' county boundaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.