• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norton 360 Deluxe notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Yesterday, I received a pop-up screen when I logged on to my HP Pavilion desktop computer on a Norton screen to say their last "Live Update" had caused a problem They recommended to uninstall, then reinstall the product. Has anyone else received this notification?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Yesterday, I received a pop-up screen when I logged on to my HP Pavilion desktop computer on a Norton screen to say their last "Live Update" had caused a problem They recommended to uninstall, then reinstall the product. Has anyone else received this notification?
Be cautious and examine the message source very carefully. Although not the same messages, I get emails claiming to be fron Norton, asking me to do things like verify my email address. Do not click any links in the message. If you need to reinstall, find your own way to the Norton site, and log-in there if you have problems.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Be cautious and examine the message source very carefully. Although not the same messages, I get emails claiming to be fron Norton, asking me to do things like verify my email address. Do not click any links in the message. If you need to reinstall, find your own way to the Norton site, and log-in there if you have problems.
Needless to say, I totally ignored what the pop-up said and did not uninstall. Everything is running as it should on the HP Pavilion desktop computer that I use.

D365

Veteran Member
If you are running Windows 10, I wouldn't bother with anti-virus. The built-in "Microsoft Defender" is plenty sufficient for home users.

Status
Not open for further replies.