• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
I have just spent about an hour trying to remove this useless junk from my computer. Seems it uninstalls but likes to keep itself in the registry...

Not best impressed. :x

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I have just spent about an hour trying to remove this useless junk from my computer. Seems it uninstalls but likes to keep itself in the registry...

Not best impressed. :x

try nod32,much better then norton in my book.

LondonBVE

I think you can use the Removal Tool from Symantec Website no idea if it works, I am happy with Norton as long as it does not lags.

Beaker

Established Member
A bit related,My dad tried got some gubbins from McAfee to clear every macafee junk from his PC, but norton/btinternet security still thinks McAfee is still on the PC. any ideas ?

devon_metro

Established Member
A bit related,My dad tried got some gubbins from McAfee to clear every macafee junk from his PC, but norton/btinternet security still thinks McAfee is still on the PC. any ideas ?

I had that same problem with Norton. Mcafee insisted that Norton was still present, I rate Mcafee higher using less Ram on my system.

mrcheek

Established Member
I had problems with both Norton and McAfee. when I installed McAfee, it slowed my PC right down. It was as if I had installed virus software rather than anti-virus software.

So I would like to take this opportunity to plug the excellent and highly recommended Panda anti-virus software. and you can get it really cheap on eBay.

andel

Avoid Panda- lets in some horrible nastys... go for AVG Internet Security. Never had a problem yet and worth paying £50 + VAT for 2 years... buy it through a reseller if you can though - support the little guy!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I use AVG, but I can't get it to work with Thunderbird. It just pops up a box with a load of server names and won't go away. I've disabled it as I don't really need it, but it turns on again every time I restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.