• If you're having issues logging in following the maintenance last weekend, please clear your browser cache and cookies - this should then allow you to login without issue (and will only need doing once)

Norwich Intercity at Hackney Downs, Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jones 88

I was on a Hartford East service last Thursday which had stopped at Hackney Downs when I noticed a new Norwich Flirt on the LO platform, its side destination screen was scrolling Seven Sisters, White Hart Lane, Edmonton Green etc and I was wondering what on earth was going on?
Is it a special service for the more affluent people along the route?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
I've had a 745/0 on Stansteds before. I'd imagine that using a 745/1 on a Norwich is usually avoided but equally, that's happened too.

TheEdge

Established Member
745/0 and 745/1s are entirely interchangeable on Liverpool Street to Stansted.

I've had a 745/0 on Stansteds before. I'd imagine that using a 745/1 on a Norwich is usually avoided but equally, that's happened too.

No, 745/1s are booked on plenty of Norwich services as thats how they get rotated to and from Crown Point. Ideally 745/0s are not meant to be going to Stansted but sometimes they are.

LAX54

Established Member
745/0 and 745/1s are entirely interchangeable on Liverpool Street to Stansted.

No, 745/1s are booked on plenty of Norwich services as thats how they get rotated to and from Crown Point. Ideally 745/0s are not meant to be going to Stansted but sometimes they are.
With the reduced service, if a /1 is not available, makes sense to use a spare /0 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.