• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Not Always Right/Working.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic1989

Established Member
I have not long since discovered this site. Having had a good read through I have seen some rather amusing and horrifying stories on there.
To explain to those that don't know, this is a site where workers (notalwaysright.com) and customers/colleagues (notalwaysworking.com) write stories about one another that, either display bad attitudes, amusing incidents, or stupidity.

I'm posting here about this site as whilst browsing today I came across this post, a story that supposedly happened on a train in Wales.

http://notalwaysworking.com/makes-you-want-to-drink/40641

Makes You Want To Drink
TRAIN | GWYNEDD, WALES, UK | BAD BEHAVIOR, EMPLOYEES
(I am travelling home from university at Christmas, so the train is quite busy. A ticket inspector comes round to check the tickets.)

Inspector: “Tickets, please.”

Man #1: “Where do I have to change to get the train from London?”

Inspector: “You change at Birmingham.”

(Pause while she stamps ticket.)

Man #2: “Is there a buffet car on this train?”

Inspector: *turning with a glare* “Excuse me? I am currently dealing with this man here. Be patient and wait your turn!”

(She then walks off saying nothing more to either man.)

Me: *to Man #2* “That was rude of her. She had obviously finished talking when you asked.”

Man #2: “Maybe she’s just having a bad day.”

Me: “There’s a shop in coach D, by the way.”

Man #2: “Thanks.”

(He then goes to the shop. He returns with a cup of tea and is followed a few minutes later by the angry ticket inspector.)

Inspector: “Hey! Hey, you, what the h*** do you think you are doing?”

Man #2: “Umm… me?”

Inspector: “Yeah, you! You just walked through a busy train with a hot drink. You can’t do that. The cameras caught you doing it and now I’M going to get in trouble for your stupidity!”

Man #2: “I’m sorry; I’m confused. I bought this at the shop on board. If we’re not allowed to carry hot drinks through the train, why are you selling them?”

Inspector: “You’re SUPPOSED to drink them at the shop!”

Man #2: “You mean the very crowded shop with little room to move in? I’m more likely to spill it there. Anyway, it has a lid on it.”

Inspector: “I don’t care what excuses you come up with. Nobody is supposed to carry drinks through the train. They could spill.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard of that rule before and I travel with [Train Company] very frequently. I mean, come on, the tables on the seats have cup holders, for crying out loud!”

Inspector: “Who the h*** asked you? Why don’t you just butt out of what doesn’t concern you!” *to Man #2* “I will not be told off for your idiotic behavior!”

(She takes his drink away and stomps off up the train, spilling some of the drink as she goes. There is a stunned silence.)

Me: “Why do I get the feeling it’s going to be her own behavior that gets her in trouble?”

Anyone feel like weighing in on this or other stories you may have seen on there? :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
I have not long since discovered this site. Having had a good read through I have seen some rather amusing and horrifying stories on there.
To explain to those that don't know, this is a site where workers (notalwaysright.com) and customers/colleagues (notalwaysworking.com) write stories about one another that, either display bad attitudes, amusing incidents, or stupidity.

I'm posting here about this site as whilst browsing today I came across this post, a story that supposedly happened on a train in Wales.

http://notalwaysworking.com/makes-you-want-to-drink/40641

Anyone feel like weighing in on this or other stories you may have seen on there? :D

Either the Guard was having a bad day, or man #2 had carried his drink through the train not in the little bag that they give you.

backontrack

Established Member
Found this gem:

Trouble Brewing
CAMBRIDGE, ENGLAND, UK | COWORKERS, FOOD & DRINK
(My general manager is great fun but known for being somewhat bad at planning. Every quarter we get sent some money from corporate to spend on a staff meet and a considerable amount of booze is always drunk. My colleague and I are discussing the upcoming meet for which our general manager suggested we arrange a tour of one of the breweries whose beer we stock.)

Colleague: “Apparently for our staff meet we’re having a little barbecue in the park.”

Me: “I thought we were doing the brewery tour?”

Colleague: “Oh, yeah, we were going to but [General Manager] couldn’t get things together in time.”

Me: “So he literally couldn’t organise a p*** up in a brewery?”

1 Thumbs (428 THUMBS UP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.